Successfull Deer Hunt - PB

Leecher

Hello everyone,

Been a while since I last posted a report and let me tell you, I manage to bag my personal best this season.

Got up there Oct 31st and this is the view from the camp that greeted us.... What a beautiful place B)

IMGP1649.jpg

and the view of the camp

IMGP1650.jpg

This would be our home base for the next 8 days.... we strarted right away scouting our hunting area and did not look too promissing :( no tracks to be found. Deer was not moving but on Sunday afternoon, found some fresh tracks. Got our hopes up :) Deer was in the pre-rut.

Came Monday, my brother missed a buck that came within 15' of him, just could not shoot it because the deer saw him and scoot out of there in a hurry :angry:

On Tuesday, had something behind my tree stand that sounded like a doe but could not positively identify and that was it...... Got me all pumped up :angry:

Managed a couple of pics of my tree stand when I got there

IMGP1644.jpg

IMGP1645.jpg

Wednesday morning was the same except , at around 10:15am, this huge buck decided to hit the road and walk towards me :w00t: Got the blood flowing for a while until it got within 60 yards from me. Took aim and release the trigger...... BANG..... Dropped him right in it's tracks B) Sorry for the blood on the neck but it's where I shot it.

IMGP1646.jpg

A couple of shots with me and again, sorry for the blood

IMGP1647.jpg

IMGP1648.jpg

Back at camp, another shot of my PB

IMGP1651.jpg

It weighted 152Lbs empty, 14 1/4" in length in between the main beams. 8 Points..... Got him on the grunt call.

Hope you enjoy

Leechman

Edited by Leechman

sweet a hunting report but all i see are Red X'd boxes. maybe the site you use is down :( it sucks not being able to see the photos ans just reading it:P sounded like a good time!!

Sorry Matt, don't know what happened, but try it again

Hey Jacques.....congrats on your PB mon chum!!!...Have you been away so long that you forget how to post pics? :wallbash::whistling:

Try using photobucket instead of picsa....if you're still having problems, give me a call at home and I'll try to help you...I'll be heading out in a few minutes for a bit of Muskie hunting here on the river....should be back around 11:30AM..

Did you remember to save the buck tail for me???? :canadian:

Edited by TroutnMuskieHunter

It happens to the best of us. :clapping:

Thanks again Matt..... hope you enjoy the report with the pics

Said that to my wife last night....

..sounds like a great hunt, now if you can get your pictures to work it'll be a great post !

Thanks irishfield.... Did that too but too much snoring once I hit the pillow :lol:

Congrats on your PB Leechman sounds like you guys had a great hunt

now only if i could see your PB that would be good

Rob

Thanks Rob.... It was a blast out there

Hey Jacques.....congrats on your PB mon chum!!!...Have you been away so long that you forget how to post pics? :wallbash::whistling:

Try using photobucket instead of picsa....if you're still having problems, give me a call at home and I'll try to help you...I'll be heading out in a few minutes for a bit of Muskie hunting here on the river....should be back around 11:30AM..

Did you remember to save the buck tail for me???? :canadian:

Thanks Steve..... don't know what the site changed to not being able to display the pics but did get a Photobucket account and much easier now. Very sorry for not keeping the buck tail for ya :( Will have to make it a must next time I get out there and bag one :D

Glad to have you back Jacques! Congrats on your PB!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Sounds like some good meat for the table for the Holidays!!!

Thanks Glen, glad to be back and it sure will be good table fare for the next little while B)

It certainly sounds like a great hunt. Congrats

Thanks bigugli.... much appreciated :D

Nice one - congrats!

Thanks Tundra N Lightning!

Beauty! Pics got me drooling! Congrats on the PB

Thanks Rich!

Dont be. It,s part of the deal.

Great buck Jacque. Nice neck shot too. :worthy::thumbsup_anim:

Thanks misfish.... that was the only shot I could take from that bucks position.... thank god I went to the range on Friday to try out the riffle before the hunt :D

Yep, what Brian said...it's part of hunting and your title aptly warned people about it.

Great stuff....congrats on the PB....must have taken hours to come down from that high!

Thanks Cliff.... it sure took / felt a long time for the buck to reach the 50-60 yards range.... just thank my lucky stars he gave me this opportunity :D

WTG Jacques. You did good. I'm glad you had a good time and a PB to boot! That countryside reminds me of Buckingham when I used to go there as a kid.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Roy.... the minute we arrived is when I started to decompress from the city stress and to be able to bag a PB was bonus :D

Nice job!

Thanks tibbs!

Ok...i know absolutey nothing about hunting....but looks like a great time was had...great pics too.

Congrats on the PB :thumbsup_anim::clapping:

Thanks limeyangler!

Great report leechman :thumbsup_anim:

Did you bring your fishing gear with you? cuz that picture looks very inviting........

You'll be eating well for awhile,Congrats

Streamerguy

Thanks Streamerguy.... Did not bring any gear because season is closed up there and plus it would not fit into the trcuk :lol:

WTG Leechman. Very nice buck! Good shooting.

Thanks Bernie!

Great hunting report thanks for the pics congrats on the PB.

So when is the Deer supper G2G? :lol:

:clapping:

Thanks Mike.... Pepperets is on the futur menu.... looking forward if I can to meeting you guys at a G2G somewhere :canadian:

How come the deer isn't smiling?

I'm glad to finally get to see this pictures lol

Congratulations on your harvest!

Thanks Wendel... guess he don't know what happened :lol: