Another beautiful day for a boat ride...

irishfield

Got out on Georgian Bay today with GBFisher. Launched in Penetang and made our way out into the sound in the fog. What a beautiful day to be on the water!!! Misty to start out

nov6-1.jpg

but nothing compared to the exact same day last year when I had Lew out for 'skis.

lew2.jpg

We covered a lot of water...fished some wonderful structure... I saw some amazing stuff I'd never seen before, like herring so thick that they fooled the depth finder into think it was a foot deep vs the 80 FOW we were in.

We tried some different baits.. some purchased and some of GB's custom made baits. Came up with nothing but a sunburn!!

Can't beat fishing on November 6th in a T- shirt !!... and a beautiful sun set on the way back in.

nov6-2.jpg

Thanks for the company Andy and for doing all the "work" in the boat...oh and thanks a bunch for that GBFisher custom poured Perch Bait !!

Edited by irishfield

warmer in deeper water ? would not have thougt there would be such a difference in temperature .

TB

It has to do with the mass, a mass of water in depth requires more energy to cool or warm up due to the fact that there is more to apply the change to.

If you have a shallow baking dish beside a pot that are both full of water, with the same heat, which will boil or freeze faster? The shallow pan or the deep pot?

As my signature says Wayne, "you don't need to catch a fish to have a great day of fish'n", and it sounds like you & Andy did just that. Awesome weather to be on the water, even if the fish aren't co-operating.

Andy's a good dood to fish with and we've shared a boat many times

but nothing compared to the exact same day last year when I had Lew out for 'skis.

lew2.jpg

That was a nasty drive up the 400 last year Wayne as it was the 1st snowfall of the season and too many folks forgot how to drive in the white stuff, but it sure was nice basically having GBay to ourselves :thumbsup_anim:

Wow .. has it been a year already !!!!!!!!!!!

I am still waiting for my chance to see the new ride Wayne - I presume all the kiddy-barf and cigarette-butts are gone by now from last year's show :)

BTW I have a three pound - 21" musky bait - which absolutlry requires a DOUBLE salty to hold her while trolling ... just waiting to be dragged around penetang bay :)

Getting out today crossed my mind big time bigbuck... but I spent it (and Wednesday) underneath a backhoe instead. Now if I could just get the damn thing to dig a hole... I'd bury it !

You see,you got it all wrong. Your supost to be on top of it,driving/controlling it,,,,,,,,,JOE. :P:lol::oops:

Man, you can fly a plane,but have no idea how to operate heavy equipment.LOL

Want me to come up and show ya? LOL