Great to get out BY MYSELF again....lol

limeyangler

Hi Y'all,

I cant remember the last time i got out in the boat by myself...probably only a couple of weeks since the last time....but man was it nice! Dont get me wrong...i love having company....but being out in the middle of nowhere with just my thoughts for company is a must for my sanity...or whats left of it....lol.

Went back to one of my usual haunts with walleye being the target for the day. The weather is very changeable from minute to minute here now, fall is well on its way. Its nice though, because its cooler without being cold, and the rain only lasts a few minutes and the wind is light. The sun and rain have been giving us some great rainbows, and yesterday was no exception.........

ALL THE SUN AND RAIN MAKES FOR SOME NICE RAINBOWS

az.jpg

by.jpg

I headed back to a small midwater reef i fished a while back with my buddy Darryl. The water has changed drastically since the last time i went there 2 weeks ago. It was almost crystal clear then, but with the weed growth starting to die back it is now much more tea stained. I decided to go with a small yellow jig to start with because of this, as i had been using black the last time. The first 20 minutes did not even produce a bite, so i decided to fish the top of the reef, dragging the jig through the weeds. This was rewarded with some small pike almost immediately........

LOTS OF SMALL PIKE FEEDING ON THE BAITFISH ACROSS THE TOP OF THE REEF

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i263.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid263.photobucket.com/albums/ii158/vishuscirquel/cx.flv">

dw.jpg

After about 5 or 6 pike in quick succession i decided to change to a black and yellow jig to see if i could tempt some walleye......again , pike after pike after pike. I decided to go back to black and stay on top of the reef . I did not get any more pike with the black jig but after 10 minutes i hooked into a really nice 20" walleye....then it went dead....not a sniff anywhere on the reef for the next 20 minutes or so.

GOT THIS ONE......BUT IT WENT DEAD AFTER THAT

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i263.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid263.photobucket.com/albums/ii158/vishuscirquel/ev.flv">

The wind had picked up a bit, and i noticed it was blowing up against the weedline visible on the right hand side of the first pike pictue above. The last time i fished that with my buddy Kyle we were slammin' walleyes, but they were all pretty small, but i thought i'd give it a go.

THIS WEEDLINE JUST LOOKS TOO GOOD!

fu.jpg

gt.jpg

I started off jigging ( i was using minnows all day) and ended up changing jigs about three times before hooking into another small pike.

ANOTHER PIKE!....lots of these little guys here today

hs.jpg

I was beginning to think it was not going to happen that day, but as a last resort....lol....which with hindsight should have been my first resort....i switched over to a hammered gold walleye spinner, and moved out to the edge of the cabbage weed in front of the reeds and started to slow troll. I missed the first fish, a huge pike had followed my spinner in and grabbed it right at the boat and snapped me off, i made another rig up, and for a laugh i put a 6" sucker minnow that had found its way into my medium minnows. Well the size of bait did not put off the first walleye or the second or the third...etc...etc. All in all i had at least 15 walleye, and all but 4 were above 18". One of the walleye had my hook and vanish trace still in its mouth from around 2 weeks ago!!! I am pretty sure it was my line as it was 8lb trilene vanish transition with the red size 2 octopus hooks i use on my bobber set up...poor thing...so being over 18" i put him/her back after removing what i had left in its mouth 2 weeks earlier.

POOR THING HAD MY HOOK IN IT FOR 2 WEEKS

jq.jpg

MOST WERE IN THE SLOT....but i did get supper

kp.jpg

All in all a good solitary session, the weather held up, and i found what i was looking for after a bit of experimentation. A very relaxing few hours.

nice report, everyone has to get out by themsleves or with out the wives and kids kind of thing now and again..be doing that myslef with a group of guys up at my trailer in a couple weeks, and i am looking forward to it so much, I want to go right now.

Nice fish, thanks for sharing your adventure :Gonefishing: