Freezing Rain Right Now

lew

We haven't got any snow yet from this "weather system" but were getting losta freezing rain right now in the east end of Toronto and everything is getting coated, so it'll be a miserable drive for anyone on the roads this morning.

Be careful this morning folks when you take that 1st step outside :w00t:

Same stuff west of the city too... especially bad near Guelph. It gets slightly better towards London.

I hate getting wheel spin when I'm grossing 88,000 lbs.

This would be a good day to stay at home... unless you need to go fishing.

-Brian

Yikes, glad I'm not going to work today...I hate ice, I'll take loads of snow any day instead. Up here it's started to snow, pretty good to, sent three dark colored dogs out, and three white ones came back :D . We're only supposed to get 5-10cm in the course of the whole day though, so it'll ease up I'm sure.

Be safe if you have to drive today, remember to give those in front of you lots of room.

Maureen

Thanks for the inside track on the cons out your way folks.

I went into semi-retirement last October and just this past week was asked to give a guy I know a hand completing the brick/stone on his house starting today.......out in Markham. Will not be making the drive at all........Not a chance. It starts to look a little better come wednesday according to the WN on the 'puter.

For those who do drive today........have your wits about you please...it's not just your driving but the idiots near you who forget how to drive these cons, That, I find, the biggest problem.

Been raining here since last Thursday night. Not cold enough here to do anything else. It's 57F right now and tomorrows high is supposed around 29F that will make it interesting.

Be safe out there.

Whopper

Edited by Whopper

G'Mornin Lew

Yeas I was just out shovelling the walk :) ... I actually enjoyed it ... guess its been too long since our last snow ... it was very slippery in Etobicoke ... please get the salt out guys and lets not have any broken ankles before the first shot at lakers and whities (I think we might just get what we've been asking for )

And be extra careful on the roads ... I know a small army of salters was getting ready last night but I can tell you the side streets are definitely a sheet of ice right now

An hour and 10 minutes from North Oakville to Yorkdale Mall. Not too bad but it's slippery out there. I'll second the motion on tossing out a lot of salt on the roads and sidewalks/driveways. I'm gonna stop to pick some up on the way home today, the snowblower is ready to go but I'm not sure if I'll be needing it.

The only dolt I had to avoid was a 4x4 as he spun out on the 401.

I hate to admit it, but I often get a chuckle when I see the 4 X 4's in the ditch and the "dolt" standing in a snowdrift, scratching his head wonderin what just happened :dunno:

Some of these 4 X 4 guys figure their invincible and have no need to slow down like everyone else when the road conditions go down the drain.