Please treat the bog a little better!

I was a little bored this afternoon so I decided to flip the undercut banks in front of Goreski`s for a couple of hours and I was amazed to see the amount of garbage washed up against the bank, timmies cups,plastic bags and I lost count of how many empty styrofoam worm containers I saw.

For christ sake take your garbage back with you and put it where it belongs, If your throwing this stuff in our lakes your a pig!!!

End of rant!

Edited by lookinforwalleye

I was a little bored this afternoon so I decided to flip the undercut banks in front of Goreski`s for a couple of hours and I was amazed to see the amount of garbage washed up against the bank, timmies cups,plastic bags and I lost count of how many empty styrofoam worm containers I saw.

For christ sake take your garbage back with you and put it where it belongs, If your throwing this stuff in our lakes your a pig!!!

End of rant!

You're talking to the wrong people!!!... and I would consider this more of a whine than a rant!

What makes you think that everyone on this board isn't just as... if not more conservation minded than you are?

Maybe you should spend your weekends patrolling the shoreline of the Bog looking for "would be" litterers and scolding them in person instead of suggesting that the board members here are to blame!

Edited by GCD

Spent a weekend at the West Arm, picked up a worm container and a plastic bottle and a nice new boat cushion out of the water, coming back though I was surprised at the number of Timmies cups I ran over on the 401. I can see some one losing stuff out of their boat on the water and not no it but on the highway, how can people just chuck the cups out the window :rolleyes:

Edited by Whopper

I'm out doing road cleanups with our service club on a regular basis. You would be amazed at people's nerve. There are those that have dumped their trash right as they drive by you.

Of course, there are those who stop and thank us. Some have even brought us coffee. Yup, Timmies.

When possible, I will pick up at shore fishing spots as well, but one bag of recyclables doesn't even make a dent in some of the worst places. Like they say, I alone can't clean up the world, but I can look after my own little corner. Just keep it in perspective.

Spent a weekend at the West Arm, picked up a worm container and a plastic bottle and a nice new boat cushion out of the water, coming back though I was surprised at the number of Timmies cups I ran over on the 401. I can see some one losing stuff out of their boat on the water and not no it but on the highway, how can people just chuck the cups out the window :rolleyes:

They are same people that clean out their cars onto the parking lots at shopping malls and at traffic lights at off ramps Phil!