I will never buy another ford product again

aniceguy

I will always buy domestic. There are enough choices out there within the domestic market I cannot justify buying an import. I choose to support the North American economy as much as I can. I live here, my children live here,and their children will live here, and I want the best quality of life for them thats possible. Even imports built here in North America are still sending their profits out of the country, and that just continues to promote our own economic woes. I wonder how these people who buy all these imports would like it if we started importing labour on a contract bases? We could get tradesman from China etc. for pennies on the dollar, teachers for pennies on the dollar,engineers for pennies on the dollar. What do you think? Why waste all that money employing our own people? China has a new minimum wage in places, its about three dollars an hour. I can hire them to renovate my house, work on my truck, serve me food,etc a hell of a lot cheaper then people here, I can even justify it by saying they did a better job, their quality was better, and their service was the best!

Of course,once it all goes far enough, none of us will be able to afford anything anyway, then we can blame the unions,get rid of them, we can have the three dollar an hour wage, and supply China with our own cheap exports, built on near slave labor, without enviromental laws or any safety standards for the workers.

I like Honda's solution to its employee's walking out due to safety issues at one of their assembly plants in India, once they had a few of them beat to death outside the plant with clubs, the rest went back to work.

Yep.....I will do my best to support our own economy,and way of life,its not perfect,but its still the best in the world.

I have an 05 sunfire, this year with 58000km on it the engine went on it. I was told i had to present all my oil change reciepts, fair enough i did. all except for one that i had done myself, They brought in 3 engineers from gm to look over the engine of my car, sent my oil off for testing in the lab, guranteed that cost more than the new engine would have cost, plus the loss of a customer. I will never buy another gm again

I have an 05 sunfire, this year with 58000km on it the engine went on it. I was told i had to present all my oil change reciepts, fair enough i did. all except for one that i had done myself, They brought in 3 engineers from gm to look over the engine of my car, sent my oil off for testing in the lab, guranteed that cost more than the new engine would have cost, plus the loss of a customer. I will never buy another gm again

It's getting so none of us want to buy any manufacturer's car. I've always been a dyed in the wool GM guy, although I've had VWs, Hondas, and one lone Bimmer (which busted it's crank after only 140,000 kliks). Recently I took my wife's CTS (little bitty Cadillac) in for service and mentioned that there was a bit of vibration in the wheels. They thought it was probably balance but I told them I thought it was other than that, and explained why. They called me later that day to say the tires were all "scalloping" and there was a memo out that there were some defective tires in that series. I said "Fine. Replace 'em." They called me back to say GM would only pay 2 for 1 because I'd already gotten three years out of them (33k kliks). My thinking was that if GM put defective tires on the car, why not replace them outright unless they're using tires that only should last 33,000 kliks? But that wasn't GM's thinking. So I paid over $500 to replace the four tires under warrantee(they're an oddball size apparently cuz I paid extra for them in the first place, the irony of which wasn't lost on me this time around.)

Now, I compare this to my two Hondas which have had faulty leather in both cars (the driver's seat cracked after three years in both cars, well within warranty) and Honda replaced the seatcovers, no questions asked and no silliness about how long I'd driven them. The same with the fancy wheels on her Accord coupe. They showed some white rust after almost 4 years, so they were replaced, no questions asked. Obviously I'm leaning towards Honda for my future vehicles now that GM has shown how petty they'll be with the few problems I can expect to encounter.

I'm about ready to replace both vehicles. It'll be interesting to see what I do.

JF

98 Honda accored? Second transmission???Was he using it for a tow vehicle? I ran every honda to the ground. 400,000 Minimum without ever changing a trani. Some of the older models(late 80's) had ball joint issues but that was about it!

Volvo is a solid car and I think its German engineering.

As far as cars? I think Dodge had some of the most reliable low end vehicles.

Towing with that honda piece of crap? I don't think so he had an 89 Suburban diesel for towing. My point with relating what happened with that car is the FACT that even the imports make lemons too.....

The cars built closest to me are the Corolla and Matrix. I laugh when guys at work give me a hard time. They buy sunfires, rendezous, HHRs and aztecs built in Mexico and think they are supporting our economy. Most people don't have a clue where their car was built. I had a Ford once, it was the only car I ever owned that needed an engine & transmission replacement. Nuf said.

Edited by jediangler

I bought plugs, wires, cap and rotor for my 96 F-150 today. They haven't been changed in 7 or 8 years. Keeping my Ford on the road is costing me a fortune. That's got to be about 7 or 8 hundred bucks that I put into it in the past 5 or 6 years. :whistling:

I bought plugs, wires, cap and rotor for my 96 F-150 today. They haven't been changed in 7 or 8 years. Keeping my Ford on the road is costing me a fortune. That's got to be about 7 or 8 hundred bucks that I put into it in the past 5 or 6 years. :whistling:

You got burned.

All you have to do with an import's plugs is spit on the tips and wipe them off... good as new, no charge senior!

Gm all the way!

Great products and great support!!!

You get what u pay for!

Think a sunfire is going to be a caddy..........NOT

I never expected it to be a caddy, but i certainly never expected the engine to go under 60k!

I also tried to get a cavalier, but they were built out and none of the dealers had any left when i went to get one.

I agree Dan. I also run a 96 F150. I love this truck. As a mechanic I don't care for working on my own stuff. Been incredibly reliable. I bought it 5 years ago with 223000km on it. Doesn't burn oil at all, everything works. These were the last of the old body and powertrain trucks and were well made. I put a set of new leaf springs in the back and coils in the front to pick it up a little and fresh paint last year. Hope to keep it going as long as I can.

I agree Dan. I also run a 96 F150. I love this truck. As a mechanic I don't care for working on my own stuff. Been incredibly reliable. I bought it 5 years ago with 223000km on it. Doesn't burn oil at all, everything works. These were the last of the old body and powertrain trucks and were well made. I put a set of new leaf springs in the back and coils in the front to pick it up a little and fresh paint last year. Hope to keep it going as long as I can.

A mechanic owns a Ford???... but... but... they're such terrible vehicles...

The hardest market to build a vehicle for is the north American.

The way, the majority commutes is very hard on all vehicles.

Million of people go from highway to stop and go traffic in cars

that are not built for this.

Most small cars are built for inter city driving. Not doing 130k down the highway.

If you have one of these small cars and are doing lots of highway driving without

changing your tranny fluid every year. There is a good chance that your tranny will

fail, no matter who's tag is on it.

If you continue to drive a any modern vehicle today that has a misfire you most likely will overheat the catalytic convertor. This will lead to a plugged exhaust system. And I would bet that a new converter pipe will be a few dollars worth-much more than a coil. By the way the "coil on plug" setup on these Ford engines has dropped in price in the last few months from the dealer. I think they are around $70 bucks. Very common problem. Fix it up!

Not my decision on whether to fix it or not that is the bosses call, but since it is a coil PACK that costs over 200.00 bucks it won't happen until it needs to happen meaning a much larger repair bill in the end.... That is how some companies "save" money in these trying economic times LOL. I learned a long long time ago you just can't help people who will NOT help themselves.

I'm TRYING to buy a Pontiac Montana (Extended) or a Chevy Uplander (Extended) after running a Grand Caravan 4 (almost) trouble-free years. I just put the usual things that wear out in 100K, last week I just got whacked for $450.00 for a fuse box. BU T T T T . . . G. M. loves their vehicles SO O O O much, they will only sell 'em at full list, (they wanna keep 'em all, still room for 3 more on the lot!) 72 months, 'no interest' and NOT ONE PENNY DISCOUNT FOR CASH!! Chrysler automatically discounts over $7K from their list for cash, plus other incentives, that total almost $9K from a $35K list? I dont really want another Dodge . . FORD doesn't have decent van, the Japanese are just TOO expensive . . . so I guess I get to find out how a Dodge stands up to it's SECOND 100K? As good as this Dodge has been . . . after having had a Montana, I've never really liked or trusted the Dodge. You guys who've had Dodge vans . . . once the odometer got up there, what started getting replaced?

I'm TRYING to buy a Pontiac Montana (Extended) or a Chevy Uplander (Extended) after running a Grand Caravan 4 (almost) trouble-free years. I just put the usual things that wear out in 100K, last week I just got whacked for $450.00 for a fuse box. BU T T T T . . . G. M. loves their vehicles SO O O O much, they will only sell 'em at full list, (they wanna keep 'em all, still room for 3 more on the lot!) 72 months, 'no interest' and NOT ONE PENNY DISCOUNT FOR CASH!! Chrysler automatically discounts over $7K from their list for cash, plus other incentives, that total almost $9K from a $35K list? I dont really want another Dodge . . FORD doesn't have decent van, the Japanese are just TOO expensive . . . so I guess I get to find out how a Dodge stands up to it's SECOND 100K? As good as this Dodge has been . . . after having had a Montana, I've never really liked or trusted the Dodge. You guys who've had Dodge vans . . . once the odometer got up there, what started getting replaced?

There's a certain price you have to pay for quality and dependability... if you always go with the cheapest you can get by with, you will more than likely have problems.

Edited by Greencoachdog

Well my old boss had a dodge caravan and he put 380K on it. In that time he begrudgingly replaced the ball joints once, the oil about 4 times. His major repair was the ecm when he decided to be chivalrous and jump start a very good looking woman's car that wouldn't start in our parking lot. Whether he didn't know or was busy looking at the eye candy he cross connected the cables and shorted out most of his electrics.... Other than that, the van just went and went. I must say all of the trim pieces in the interior fell off or broke but the van did delivery in town and out for about 11 years without ever letting him down.

One of my customers has two caravans. He said the one is getting ready to be put out to pasture since he has about 325K on it now. His wife demanded that the second last vehicle she got be something different than a Caravan. So he let her pick out a Montana. They had it for 4 months after they went to Florida in it she demanded they get rid of it. Too noisy, too uncomfortable it literally crippled her to sit in it or drive it for more than an hour at a time. (I found the same thing when I drove a friends home from lake Simcoe, worse seats I have ever sat in, in any vehicle.) Trading in that 4 month old Montana cost him about 7 grand but after a week in the new Caravan he wasn't even mad at his wife anymore over the money because it just fit them better. His son's wife has a caravan and she has about 280K on it and no major problems with that one either.

One thing with Caravan's is to religiously follow the maintainence reccommendations and use Chrysler fluid when you do, if you have a "good" one you should reasonably expect pretty much the same except for items that wear out after high mileage on any vehicle.

Edited by Canuck2fan

Lets see if I got this straight.

Most of the general populous ignoring one of the most

crucial components in a vehicle.

If I camp out in front of the local Mr T's for a weak.

I would not see a import come in for repairs?

Imports make up 33% of the N.A market, and of that

22% are Japanese.

GMC product lines out selling all imports combined.

You do the math

If your tranny is slipping. Shove a couple of green bananas in it. :whistling::whistling: