Cell Phone Providers (nf)

JFR

My contract with Bell Mobility expires this month, and before I commit to them again, I am interested in what other providers are like. I guess the only other providers in the area are Rogers and Telus. :dunno:

To those members using either Rogers or Telus, tell me the good and bad points of each. How long you have been using these providers, and why you do not use Bell Mobility.

Thanks

John

ive been with both,rogers & bell.and by far its gotta be old ted himself,we have evrything with rogers

couples plan cell phones,high speed internet too

full digital cable oh ya with WFN,and all the real cool specialty channels

home phone as well,we just signed for a 2 year contract & we get free long distance for 1 year..tottally cool

so we are happy ,ive had 3 cell phone plans over the years with rogers and never had a problem at all

Edited by fishindevil

Rogers uses better technology.

Rogers bought Fido and integrated the Fido system into Rogers.

Rogers has the best coverage in Canada.

Telus has PTT (Push to Talk, ie. Mike/2way/Walkie Talkie).

Telus uses least popular technology.

Bell uses proprietary technology owned by Qualcomm.

Bell has the fastest data rates right now (it changes every year or so).

Bell and Telus (non-Mike) have a deal to share towers.

Pay as you go companies like Virgin Mobile actually piggyback on the Bell network.

They all are a pain in the tush to deal with over the phone.

Rogers will always have the newest toys because they use GSM technology (~87% of mobiles in world are GSM).

As one of them geek type, I use Rogers for all my mobiles... They have a superior network.

Corey

I've been with FIDO for about 7 years.

(gone through 6 or 7 phones in that time) :rolleyes:

Now, they're owned by ROGERS, but still run as a separate company.

They do share technology though. I have much better coverage now.

No complaints and they just offered a better package than what I had for

the same money. :thumbsup_anim:

I've been with Rogers for years, tried Bell once but didn't like their customer service so I went back to Rogers.

As for a signal up at Lakair, no Joey, I didn't have one, had to go to almost 64 to get one. If I'm not mistaken Wayne gets a signal because he has a phone with Analog capabilities. The new digital phones aren't as good in the outlying areas. I have a had time getting a signal up here as it is.

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr

I just switched my cell from Bell to Rogers a couple months ago and so far no complaints.

Never could get a signal at Lakair, then coming down between Haliburton & Buckhorn I always lose it again and even down in the Hay Bay area of Quinte I have trouble with it.

Hopefully it'll be a bit better with Rogers, but who knows :dunno:

I have had both in the past. Rogers seems to show a larger network area, but once you get up north, I find the biggest issue with losing signals at the bottom of hills in some areas. I use Bell right now...work account....they pay for it so who am I to complain about that??? haha.

Anyone coming up to the Gogama area better have the newest technology cell phones. I can't remember the name. We got a Rogers cell phone and that had to go to me when we found it didn't reach the camper. We got a good Telus model and it reaches on the water or hills but not in the dips between the hills. SIGH :(

Anyone coming up to the Gogama area better have the newest technology cell phones. I can't remember the name. We got a Rogers cell phone and that had to go to me when we found it didn't reach the camper. We got a good Telus model and it reaches on the water or hills but not in the dips between the hills. SIGH :(

that's the reason i got mine from telus, i spend alot of time in the gogama area, i got this phone an LG somethin somethin (plain ol phone) over 2 years ago for 130$ pay n talk w/ 70$ credit, i lose service about 6kms north of geneva lake to about 35kms south of the watershed and then i'm good all the way to timmins, this past summer my mom got one and doesn't work as well and my brother got one this christmas and it also doesn't work as well. We can use our phones in gogama which i think is pretty good cause you can't even get FM radio,('cept french) or TV from an antenna ('cept TVO)

as for service i've never had a problem so far so never had to deal with them, once a month i go buy a card and dial in the number,