brook trout action

I have been out fishing the Nipigon area a few times over the past month, but have found the fishing slow. My excuse is the weather. This past June had the most rain ever on record and the water temps unseasonally low. Here are a few shots of some of the action.

Alan

tree_w.jpg

mark_cold_w.jpg

mouth_w.jpg

black_fade_w.jpg

Beautiful Alan..Beautiful !

All I can say is..... DanC.. you got my tied downs installed in the bay yet? LOL

More of those shots and I'm gonna be a "for sure" for August !

And there's a good chance that you'll meet Al when you're there Wayne. You'll not meet a nicer guy.

Beauty shots Al. You'll have to show me your spots some time. :rolleyes:

Guest Johnny Bass

WOW!!!! Those are trophy brook trout and gorgeous colors!!! One day I will plan a trip up there! I was looking to see how much it would cost to fly to Kenora and it is almost as much as flying to Europe. Over $1000!!!!

May have to drive up there and take a few Camping stops in between. Thanks for sharing!

Well good morning to this post! Beauty Brookies Guido! Congrats! I met a CO from that region a couple of months ago, told me we're totally taken care of if we ever go up that way. Your post just pushed me a little further in that direction. I'd love to get my hands on some of those!

Beautiful Alan..Beautiful !

All I can say is..... DanC.. you got my tied downs installed in the bay yet? LOL

More of those shots and I'm gonna be a "for sure" for August !

:lol: :lol: I am only 90 to 100 miles away from there, and I just don't target them, gotta try that sometime, (I will probably fail miserably).

Wayne, are you committed yet to coming up this way????????

Great pics and post Al.

I'm heading up there again today. The weather looks good and I hope the water has warmed up. Last week, it was still in the high 40's. I'm going to split my time between spin fishing the fast current with jig flies and stripping streamers with heavy sink tips in the fast, heavy flow. Last week it was 19,000 cu ft/sec. Yes, that is right off the Ont hydro flow rate site. If I don't post a report in a few days, I didn't do well and I'll be pouting.

Alan

Lovely... just lovely. :wub:

Great shots Alan. I noticed in the second shot that the fish is tagged.. Did you perform a creel census with the mnr or did you tag him yourself?

Those are big trout though. Our local hatchery uses a Nipigon strain for our brood stock and they get to about the size of the trout you caught, but only get those vivid colours during the spawn.. A fall fish perhaps??

cheers!

HD