Lakair Fish Pictures!

Spiel

....Lots of posts up about the annual Lakair gathering and as mentioned it was a huge success. My thanks to all who managed to tear themselves away from the mundane in order to be there. :)

A few firsts for me this year included finally sharing a boat with Aplumma, I enjoyed it immensley Art. Next time I hope to remember the camera as I actually caught a few decent walleye.

I also spent a fair bit of time fishing with Muskiestudd (Chris) who I had not shared a boat with since the first gathering several years back. Chris knows the lake well and it certainly showed every time we went out for walleye as seen in the following pictures in no particular order.

gallery_9_87_28597.jpg

gallery_9_87_35671.jpg

gallery_9_87_69027.jpg

gallery_9_87_42522.jpg

I think the above fish was Chris' blue walleye? The one below was my blue....

gallery_9_87_18704.jpg

gallery_9_87_36724.jpg

gallery_9_87_9434.jpg

gallery_9_87_20229.jpg

gallery_9_87_3767.jpg

gallery_9_87_3665.jpg

gallery_9_87_54161.jpg

gallery_9_87_53611.jpg

I'll tell you all if you ever get a chance to share a boat with Chris, DO IT! Good company and a hell of a good angler.

I also a chance to share the boat on my last evening with Joey (another first) and while things didn't pan out due to a dead battery for the electric (hate anchoring but had to, windy) Joey did manage a couple of punks before losing a pretty hefty fish. We'll get 'em next champ. ;)

gallery_9_87_12623.jpg

gallery_9_87_8970.jpg

I'm ready to go back though, perhaps August when I'm off?

....Keyripes, I just noticed that the fish Joey is holding (second picture) is not a walleye! Man I had only just heard this year from Kevin that there were some of those in the Nipissing system. Had the first one I've ever seen in the boat and didn't notice till now....doh!

gallery_9_87_69027.jpg

gallery_9_87_8970.jpg

Great walleye Joey is holding, but that's a super looking boat in the background!! LOL.

Also, change the hair a little, but does anyone else think Muskiestudd looks like Gary Sinise?

1303347.jpg

Spiel....it was great chatting with you again this year....and thanks for letting us follow you out to that walleye spot. You looking into getting a seat belt for that boat any time soon??

Cliff

Guest Johnny Bass

I knew there was someone out there catching fish at Lakair.lol Looks like it has some pretty good pickerel fishing. Thanks for sharing.

The last one a sauger?

....BINGO, you got it Phil. It is indeed a sauger.

You looking into getting a seat belt for that boat any time soon??

Cliff

....LOL, perhaps I should if I can't stay focused on what I'm doing.

I knew there was someone out there catching fish at Lakair.lol Looks like it has some pretty good pickerel fishing. Thanks for sharing.

pickerel fishing???????????..............looks like WALLEYE fishing to me :w00t:

thanks for the pictures Chris.................and Chris.

How old is Muskiestudds ballcap, looks kinda well worn??

It's probably just getting broken in though.

And yes, that fish is a Sauger, spots on the tail and dorsal fin are a dead giveaway.

Hope you get the opportunity to get back up there in August, and we expect a report, with pictures.

That's what I thought Chris (sauger), Tom you are correct that's how I knew :thumbsup_anim:

I caught one up there last August.

We have saugeye down here which is a cross between a male sauger/female walleye and they are a little harder to tell the difference, they have the same markings on the dorsal fin but they still have the "white" spot on the bottom of the tail fins.

Chris,

It was a long time coming. Lots of fun and good fishin.....

Between Spiels jigging tactics and my lindy worm harnesess we seemed to put the walleye right were we liked them,on the end of the hook !!!

Can hardly wait until next year

Cheers !!

Hey, my first sauger and I didn't even know it.

Thanks again for taking me out Chris. It was nice to sit and chat, even tho the bite never turned on for us.

Hope I didn't get you hooked again ;)

We will definately get them next year, I'm looking forward to it.

Great pics too hon.

Joey

Exellent report Chris,

This was the first post from Lakair that Ive actually been able to see all the pic's from......Thank-You,

Yeah Mon.....Muskiestudd s an exellent dude to fish with and just isnt around here enough these days.

A-U-G-U-S-T........I want to come...wether the addition is finished or not.

bNb