Non fishing posts - time for a poll (again... ;)

Puckhead

Non Fishing Threads...  

88 members have voted

1. 1. To split or not to split

• We need two general sections: one for fishing, one for non fishing
    • It's fine the way it is

I come here to read about fishing. The website is big enough now that a fishing forum could stand alone with plenty of daily posts. I'd be reading more and responding more if there wasn't a ton of clutter and POV pushing posts deluting the posted fishing entries.

I don't mind the non-fishing content at all. It's nice when it is labelled as non-fishing (NF) as per the rules. I think if we had 2 separate sections I would be more annoyed with all the flipping back and forth I would need to do.

kickingfrog Posted Today, 12:01 PM

We're a community. Fishing is the common bond, not the sole function.

Don't like? Don't open! That's why Stoty does P me off.

BTW this will be the last time I open this post. Me no like.

Good! Then you won't reply to the fact that I think yer a party pooper and you catch small fish!!! :w00t:

Edited by Greencoachdog

Personally... I only read the non-fishing posts.... they are the only ones I can usually help with..... :dunno:

From day 1 - going back 10 years now in whatever form the board had, its always been one main discussion forum and as long as Im involved, thats the way it will stay.... as a matter of fact, we've already broken it up and added a tourney forum... so non tourney types don't have to wade through that, as well as a photo forum, so those that don't want to look at non fishing pictures dont have to and we've seperated news, announcements and contests off as well....

Its ten times more fragmented now than as it used to be as it is. personally... I'd like to have 50 threads on the main page to go down through, to see what interests me.

By the way puckhead.. I love your avatar... I could watch him do that all day.... maybe I will....

I say leave it the way it is, thats what seperates OFC from the real fishing forums. :whistling:

Puckhead... lol.. your avatar reminds me of what i felt like when i quit my last job....

and largemouth ... this is a hockey and boat repair forum, run by fishermen... i thought you knew that!!!

It may not be all fishing all the time, but I challange you to find a group of people willing to dish out some much help on a consistant basis....

and its not just my house any more... its a mod partnership.... rather than having a splitting headache... we split on headaches....

Personally... I only read the non-fishing posts.... they are the only ones I can usually help with..... :dunno:

From day 1 - going back 10 years now in whatever form the board had, its always been one main discussion forum and as long as Im involved, thats the way it will stay.... as a matter of fact, we've already broken it up and added a tourney forum... so non tourney types don't have to wade through that, as well as a photo forum, so those that don't want to look at non fishing pictures dont have to and we've seperated news, announcements and contests off as well....

Its ten times more fragmented now than as it used to be as it is. personally... I'd like to have 50 threads on the main page to go down through, to see what interests me.

By the way puckhead.. I love your avatar... I could watch him do that all day.... maybe I will....

Our fearless leader has spoken!!!!!!

Next person to bring this up will get a nunchuck to the forehead :lol:

Joey