Night Carp Report

ccmtcanada

Bly and I have been planning on painting our kitchen and the time had finally come. I went out and bought everything we needed a few nights ago...since our babysitter is away at camp for the week, we figured this was the perfect time to start!

At around 7pm last night, Fishnsled shows up at our door and says he's free tonight to fish for carp....so I take one look at Bly and she says "Go fish". WOOHOO!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

So, leaving Bly back at the house to paint, I met Fishsled at our local spot at around 8:30. The carp are starting to come back in numbers as every time we cast out there, we'd feel some action within minutes.

I was the first to pull on in....a small, but FAT one....

cliff1-2.jpg

About 15 minutes later, Fishnsled gets one on and gets this "beauty".

will1-1.jpg

We still felt action, but had no takers until around 10pm. This one just took off without any warning. The fight was pretty quick, and once landed we noticed it was missing an eye and had a nice chunk taken out of it's side.....wonder if a pike in the area was cruising for dinner!

cliff2-1.jpg

Fishnsled then says he'll leave his line our for another 10 minutes before we called it a night. Just as those 10 minutes were about to expire, he gets the biggest one on of the night. This one thought it was a trout, going on long runs and jumping out of the water during the fight!

This weighed 19 pounds.

will2-1.jpg

It's always a great time fishing with Will....he's hooked on these fish....esp since this spot is literally 5 minutes from his place. We'll get out again next week buddy!!

======================================================================

Bly and I haven't been posting many reports lately, but we have been out there a few times a week and she has KICKED my butt in the past 3 weeks. I think she's landed about 12 to my 3 in that time frame. Here are some pics of our catches....

cliff34.jpg

carole35.jpg

carole2knit.jpg

carole1knit.jpg

33.jpg

cliff and carole strikes again! o and fishnsled too! haha

geez ... it seems that they just come to you whenever you go ... i spent 5 hours there last weekend and got skunked... missed two hits though.

it's been 3 weeks since I've last caught a fish and i'm getting desperate ...

That FishnSled sure is a silver tongued devil, isn't he! Nice job guys! And very nice of Bly to let ya out of paintin... I thought at first that FnS was droppin by to help pick up a paint brush... perhaps next time, leave Will at your place and take Bly out instead... I know I would!LOL :Gonefishing:

HH

CCMT you got it made bro. I would love to have friend who just comes knocking on my door and say hey lets go fishing out of the blue. For sure I would never turn it down. Plus a place to go close by... thats amazing.

Those fish sure look beat up sore form mating?

DSN

Great report Cliff as aways. What job do you need to get out of next week? :whistling: Actually Bly gave her permission last week to get Cliff out so I was just following orders. :D

DSN - not sure if the battle wounds are from spawning or not. I don't think they've started yet. Could be competing for partners? :dunno: I'm just a rookie to this carp thing.

Thanks for a great night Cliff and we will do it agian next week. Got to get out one more time before the fly-in. Just a week to go!

Nice report... small but fat, my arse...lol

maybe fishnsled could come up here next time i have to mow the lawn....

Send me a pm when you want to go, act surprised and Monique won't have a clue! :whistling::D Oh wait a minute, she does check in here. Busted. :( Guess you'll be cutting the grass TJ. lol!