Your thoughts on

misfish

Yes I was looing at this one today with my pop. Nice boat.

New 2008 with a 50 2 stroke merc,45 pound thrust bow mount (it will be upgraded to a larger size) 3 seats,cover,fold away toung and a custom cover and of course the intro depthfinder. 12,700 + tax,s.

This boat is very wide and I like the fact it has a built in fuel tank.

crestliner boat

We also made a trip to another store to look at the sylvan,pretty much the same model,but no intank no rod storage, and the price was a few g,s more.

Pure thanks.

I was going to max out the hp,but that jumps the price 4 G,s,AND YOU STILL HAVE TO BUY A PROP.Thats Bull.

A 50 will do what I need.

you would have to buy a prop to upgrade your 50 to a 90 for example...the 90 wouldn't come with a prop?...hmm that sounds like a croc for sure...it can be pretty pricy on the upgrades for sure, when we got our Legend package they outfit in the base package a 25 Merc..it cost almost 3 grand more to upgrade to a 40. That package you are looking at there looks like a pretty decent one for sure,nice layout, storage ect..seems to be a good package too...extras can kill ya for sure..when all was said and done we probably got about 5 grand worth of extras all together with the motor upgrade.

Hey Brian,

Nice rig for sure. I'm not sure you'll be happy with the 50 on it though. I've got a bare bones 16 footer with a 40, and I find I'm always wanting more. I don't have any of the accessories like that one either.....mine would be much lighter .......the 40 does ok, but if I fill it with decoys and gear, I'm a little underpowered.

Just my thoughts on it.....otherwise its a nice rig and a fair price.

Sinker

I bought the exact boat out here this spring. Good boat, nice and stable. The 50 HP 2 stroke is alright, with all my gear and me the boat will run around 31 mph no problem. Only thing with the 50 2 stroke is it does not start as well as it could and does not like to idle when the motor is tilted up. I would strongly suggest going to the 60 HP four stroke or even the 75 horse optimax as I am going to upgrade mine next year. I paid $13500 plus GST for mine out here but the dealership threw in a few extra goodies as well.

Looks like a fish catchin' machine to me! :thumbsup_anim:

... but I personally would go 50 hp 4 stroke.

YA what dog said get a 4 stroke.

Brian just go for it that looks like a fine machine with fuel going up 50hp will keep the cost down.

I know you are used to going fast with a bass boat but if you don't mind going slower it will save you tons on fuel.

I get 32MPH with my Honda on my 16 footer its not fast but gets me to where I want to go.

Hope to see you in it next week.Cresliners are good boats GO FOR IT :Gonefishing:

Edited by Mike the Pike

YA what dog said get a 4 stroke.

Brian just go for it that looks like a fine machine with fuel going up 50hp will keep the cost down.

I know you are used to going fast with a bass boat but if you don't mind going slower it will save you tons on fuel.

I get 32MPH with my Honda on my 16 footer its not fast but gets me to where I want to go.

Hope to see you in it next week.Cresliners are good boats GO FOR IT

I have to agree. I have a Lund 1650 w/50Honda and I've had three men w/tackle and full tank of gas and had no problems. My boat is rated for a 90 but I have never bought into the "max out your HP" theory. I can get 30mph out of mine, good enough for the fishing I do. I think the old mantra to "max out your HP" is something the marinas came up with to sell you a more expensive motor. You have to ask yourself how fast do you need to go. For me, I fish rivers mostly, where there is a launch typically ever 5 or 6 miles, so I usually launch close to where I plan on fishing. If I'm caught in bad weather, I'm only 15mins. away from the launch. And there is quite a difference in gas consumption between the larger motors and the smaller ones. I can troll all day for around $10. My opinion only, if you like to go fast, go bigger.

:Gonefishing:

Nice boat. I like the fact that it is over 7' rod locker. It's hard to find a boat that will hold my rods, as most are 7' and longer. I too would go to the 4 stroke. I'm looking at a very similar package by Ultracraft. I am pricing it with a 60 4 stroke. I was told that moving up to the 75 is the bigger and heavier motor, so I opted to stay away from that. I'm in a two stroke now and want to get away from it. Although it does start in the cold no problem which was a big deal here for a bunch of guys with the 4's.

Nice boat!

I have a 2004 Angler 1600SC, very similiar boat, I don't think they make the Angler as such anymore.

I bought mine 'hull only' for $7700. Put my own 70hp Johnson, trolling motor and just recently bought a new trailer for it. I'm sure I have as much or more invested then the price you were quoted. I get about 37 mph with the 70.

Quality with Crestliner is top-knotch. I'm just starting my 4th season with the boat, and can honestly say I have had absolutely no issues.

What are your plans with the trolling motor? I'm still using an old 33 lb Minn Kota that just doesn't have the juice necessary in the wind. I want to stick with a 12V unit, so 45 lb thrust would work for me.

Edited by Jer