What's your excuse?!

johnnyb

Worked this AM,Now going to fix the BBQ,then Im sure it will be dinner time,then it will ne nascar time which means Miller time. Just no time to fish.LOL

Sure is a beauty of a day though. Memart is out on his first boat ride with the new ride.

Edited by misfish

Strep throat :stretcher::(

Had it all week, had to work, it was a rough week. Just barely coming around now with the meds.

Cleaned the house tho, between sniffles and coughs.

Entertaining Mom for Mother's day tomorrow so I had to, otherwise I'd be in bed :stretcher:

Joey

Cuz' I bought a Johnson :wallbash:

No matter what I do, or how I do it, store it, fog it, don't fog it, pay to have it done, store it indoors one season, outdoors one season...it don't matter.

I've been working on the thing for 4 hours today.

The first time of the year that I go to fire it up it's a royal pain in the butt.

Then she runs great all season :dunno:

I think it's time to unload it. Before I burn it.

Hookset.

~~~~Quite simple, I don't drive, got the boat, and trailer, but need partner with a vehicle to tow it, and the partner I have now got himself a job, and has bought his own boat.But I'll be out on Sunday, 2 of the 2 days of the long weekend

just got off work to lazy to go get the boat and put it in.tommorrows mothers day so thats out of the question.next weekend cant fish either but leaving for a solid week of pike and walleye in the great north im itchin.

all the self-admitted lazy folk seem to come out later in the day :D Only 2.5 hours of work left... but too many hours too count before I can wet a line...still gotta drive home, pack, drive north, kiss mom, throw the canoe on the truck so it's ready for the morning and MAYBE fish before breakfast. Or make mom breakfast, then go to church THEN fish for the afternoon. but I'm whistlin' while I work, and the day's almost over. :whistling:

Paul jump in the van and head to Joe's, they haven't left the dock yet :thumbsup_anim:

I wasn't there to motivate them

Rough night I suppose :whistling:

LOL Phil, my son and his girlfriend are near there today, the school gathering at Cedar Point after yesterday`s prom night. Grand kids spent the night cause my wife doesn`t work till tomorrow evening.

Don`t know if Joe could carry the tackle bag with out you and Deg to help, I haven`t down sized yet. Just one of those days where I am better off inside. A very long drive for me and hard to get motivated to fish for walleyes, especially on Lake Erie.

worked at the shop this morning from 730 - 1200

helped some friends move after that

just home now to shower/change before i go and work my 2nd job from 5 until 9

:(

good thing i plan on getting rid of the delivery job...or i'd never get out!

(i made that mistake last summer)

ryan

Umm... likewise!

I figure after 10 hrs. sleep and a good nutritious breakfast,

i'll try the Toronto islands for pike now. Can't walk far, however.

At least i can still do fishing. :Gonefishing:

ehg

Dang! sorry to hear that ehg, walking isn`t a strong point for me either.

I too just got in the house after getting the boat ready most of the day. Like Roy, mine,s a 60 HP Merc 4 stroke. Mine is a 2001 though and it came with a steering wheel. You'll love it Roy. Mine started today after cranking for about half a second. And it hasn't been started since last September. Anyways I changed some fluids, lubed things up, and installed a 12 volt plug in. I bought a nice little power inverter a while ago that will come in handy. It also has a USB connection so that I can run my GPS, cell phone and MP3 player in the boat. Nice. I'm looking so forward to next weekend...

I am not fishing right now because I am all tuckered out from fishing all afternoon..... I went into work at 5AM got done at 7:30 AM no OPP around LOL Did the grocery shopping on the way home. Watched F1 qualifying. Laughed when my dad stopped by to help my neighbour fix his car just after 9AM cause they couldn't come fishing.

Stopped by the big dam in town to get minnows it was hard slogging to get two dozen. After the attractant worked I finally caught some beauties though. However I got a parking ticket because it took so long. I got back to the car just as he was leaving the ticket and it was just 25 minutes till you didn't have to pay as well, but people were lining up for spots so I can't really complain. He said that is too bad too that I wasn't just a bit quicker the meter had just turned when he got done the car beside me sooooooo he had no choice (yeah right).... For the eight bucks for the ticket I could have bought the minnows and been fishing earlier geessshhh.

So I got 3 pike and now they are off the list for this year which is good. I forgot my hair rigs so I didn't even attempt going after carp, but I did catch a couple dozen catfish. Who seemed to enjoy the minnows more than the pike. I even caught 3 catfish on a silver spoon and that is caught like in the mouth and everything. I did accidently also snag 2 catfish too, they are attacking anything that comes near their small fry with a vengence.

Edited by Canuck2fan

Well just recently finished renovateing my whole kitchen. That took allmost two months. Have also painted all my down stairs basement & two bedrooms. Ripped out all the old carpet waiting for the new carpet to come and be laid. Just put up a new very lrg above ground pool , next week start work on building the new cedar deck for the pool .

I have been so busy have really not had alot of time to fish which is not like me at all......In four weeks i will have 70+ people here at my place for my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. My folks will also be here from the UK as well as one of my younger sisters who i have not seen in allmost eight yrs now. Over 30 relatives coming frome Europe so this really is a big deal. My grandady will be 81 this june my nan will be 79. So this may be the very last time we have everyone togeather with my nan and paps. So i will be crazy busy for the next few weeks also as i am trying to do all this on my few days off i have a week.

Any volunteers would be greatly appreciated .......lol :D

Joey hope your feeling better soon hun. ;)

....I'd love to be out there, somewhere. But alas yesterday was a working day, the one that pays the bills. Today I'm assembling rod handles and wrapping rod guides (pays for my fishing gear & trips, sort'a). Three more shifts and I'll be on holidays, should be able to get out fishing then. :D