IT'S HE E E E E R E!!

Photoz

The way things are going it appears it won't be long till your Civic or Corolla will cost $100.00 to fill! When I bought my Dodge Caravan new in 2004, to fill it from BONE DRY cost under $60 . . . . if I let 'er run dry today . . . . almost double . . . . my wages have increased by about 9%. I KNOW I'm gonna have to fish a lot closer to home this summer . . . maybe every other weekend. Anybody else feelin' the pinch? It must REALLY hurt to pull that V8 SUV, and boat up to the pumps these days. I'd had definite plans for a new van this fall . . . gonna get another year outta this one now! Ah h h h h . . . . . now I've had MY whine . . . . but I DON'T feel any better!

God, I used to drive the old mans suburban back in my youth.

That thing was an absoloute PIG on gas.......it was a 95 aswell with that TBI motor, the

vortechs are a little better.

My truck is a 97 s10 4 banger....80 bucks to filler up.

God, I used to drive the old mans suburban back in my youth.

That thing was an absoloute PIG on gas.......it was a 95 aswell with that TBI motor, the

vortechs are a little better.

I wouldn't give it up for the world!

Edited by Dan Bouck

CT new gas bar had there grand opening on wednesday here in Hanmer, they had 5 cents of every liter of gas, filled my van, my boat can and all my jerry cans. 160liters cost me $195, $1.21.9L. use to be able to do it all for around $100. Already cancelled my cross country trip to BC, decided to fly to vegas instead if I'm gonna spend that much.

I heard on a newscast that SUV's are beginning to languish on the car lots, due to the rising cost of fuel. There is a use for these type of vehicles, and sports people such as our board members make up that group. There are however, a large number of people who live incities who will never have a legitimate use for an SUV other than to try and impress, and these are the ones who are begining to see smaller more fuel effiecient vehicles as a viable alternative. I feel sooo bad for them. :rolleyes:

And its only the thin end of the wedge.

Its been predicted that oil will be $ 200 a barrel by next year.

I'm driving to PEI next monrh for a vacation, prolly our last long trip for a while. Gas is usually higher on the Island. But, at least, their Govt pegs the prices. Time they did it in ALL the Provinces.

I drive 250 km a day and my wife drives 160 km a day during the week.

We then maybe put on another 300 km on the weekend.

We have a VR6 Volkswagen Jetta and a V8 F-150 supercab

250 x 5 = 1,250 km

160 x 5 = 800 km

300 on weekend

2,350 km a week

We are spending over $500 a week on gas

So next time you fill up your tank for the week....Think of me....and how I am paying for some Dude at Esso's Summer Home

I haven't got a clue about how much mileage I get or how much it costs to fill up. What I do know is that when I need gas, I buy some. Figuring out all that other stuff isn't gonna make it any cheaper.

Yup its does make my hair stand up on my back.

My Honda Odyssey costs $85 now to fill and I can not go to a smaller vehicle.$1.32.9 :stretcher:

With 3 kids I am not downsizing to something smaller.A one hour commute in my Chevy Malibu

and the kids are fighting for leg room and who should sit in the middle :stretcher:

It tows by boat and my double axle tent trailer which weighs 2614lbs empty.

I wanted to buy a Ford F-150 in 2 years and now that will never happen.This will effect

the big Three,GM,Ford and Chrysler

I guess when the kids get older I will sell the trailer and down size to a small V6 suv to pull my boat.

Ladies and Gentleman it won't be long and we will see a slump in sales for outdoor toys.The domino effect is a short time away.

Its pretty sad that some people in this world can not afford to buy rice because of rising oil.People are starving because of greed.

Hopefully someone will find an alternative source of technology and we will watch the oil companies die.

What goes around comes around you greedy buggers

Now lets go fishin.

And its only the thin end of the wedge.

Its been predicted that oil will be $ 200 a barrel by next year.

I'm driving to PEI next monrh for a vacation, prolly our last long trip for a while. Gas is usually higher on the Island. But, at least, their Govt pegs the prices. Time they did it in ALL the Provinces.

I don't get your logic. You admit that a province with government pegged prices has higher prices then Ontario. Yet, you want all provinces to start pegging the prices. Wouldn't that mean that we would just have to pay even more for gas?

Haven't filled my 97 Aerostar up for months. I put about $38 into it a couple of weeks ago and it took the gas gauge needle all the way up to the high side of the 1/2 tank mark. Used to be about $54 to $58 to fill it....oh so long ago! :(

I used to put in $20, $30 or fill it. Now I pay more attention to how many litres go into the tank rather than getting it to the even dollar. At Pioneer they alot their bonus points for every 10 litres purchased, so I take it to 20, 30 or 40 litres even, no more or no less. I want to get every penny in points I can out of them! Kind of a fun game to get it to land at exactly 20 litres :lol:

If you go to Pioneer go to the even 10 litre level and take advantage of the points, my son uses them up after about $10 has been accumulated, saves him some gas money and I feel like I'm giving him something.