Toronto Island Report

Sorry for those who oppose blurred images. I don't want to upset anyone.

We decided to hit the islands for some pike. Skipped opening weekend cause of the weather, but today wasn't so good either. Chilly, overcast, and on/off showers.

First fish was my gf's. She had a solid hit and was really excited. It then came off a few seconds later. She reeled in her line to show me that her leader was all twisted up. I knew that the pike had overshot, and took the line instead of the lure. I told her to throw it back in the direction where she got the hit. She didn't really believe me that it would strike again, but what do you know. The pike comes up and inhales the lure!

Nice healthy fish.

pike1.jpg

The next fish was accidental. I thought I had a pike of a lifetime!!!!! Solid fight.... but it turned out to be a foul hooked carp. It was snagged on the dorsal fin. I brought it in to remove the lure, but decided to take a pic of it too. Pretty big one!

IMG_0545640x480.jpg

I then finally get lucky when I switch up the xrap for a jointed rapala. Small little guy, but fun nonetheless. It completely cleared the water twice. I was surprised it had so much energy considering the water is still pretty cold.

pike2.jpg

We bumped into other fishermen later into the day and they had some good success. They are also member on this forum too! B)

They told us that there are police boats cruising the islands looking for fishermen and asking for licenses. Don't forget your licenses people. They are charging those fishing without them.

I love the blurred images lol but I can still tell exactly where you were...doh ;) a little more blurr next time....right DSN lol

Nice clean looking fish though! Your GF's fish is a beaut!

Gotta Love that Urban Pikin'!

-Ben

Edited by Ben_Daniels

Nice fish. I guess you were there the same day as me. But I was fishing the other end of the island. Yep I know where you were fishing. :lol: I see you found the carp that I was looking for. Only a carp can give you a fight of a life time. :D All the carpers know that, that's why they are carper's in the first place.

Now I know where to find the carp now. ;) Thanks for info.

dsn

I love the blurred images lol but I can still tell exactly where you were...doh ;) a little more blurr next time....right DSN lol

-Ben

You got that right Ben !!

And where you blurr also tells where you were !!! ahhh ha ha ha

Look at this pic behind her. I see grass and that blur beside the grass, just under her hand tells me that its a cement wall. ha ha ha And we know where that wall is. :lol:

pike1.jpg

If you're going cover up, cover it all up! :lol::lol:

DSN

the carp are in there THICK.

i had to get out of there cause i was afraid to foul hook more of them.

we should all forget about pike and go for the carp!!!

next time i'm bringing a can of corn hahaha.

if you guys can recognize those areas even with the blurring, then you're regulars who know the area well... like me haha.

hopefully i can bump into one of you guys one day.

might head down thursday. ;)

the carp are in there THICK.

i had to get out of there cause i was afraid to foul hook more of them.

we should all forget about pike and go for the carp!!!

next time i'm bringing a can of corn hahaha.

if you guys can recognize those areas even with the blurring, then you're regulars who know the area well... like me haha.

hopefully i can bump into one of you guys one day.

might head down thursday. ;)

OH man, we "LOVE Blurred pic bro."

:clapping: The only thing we can't reconize is water yet. However I do know the color of the water in some areas. Example Black bottom, Green , and brown. :D

DSN

I guess I should get out there with MJL with our heavy gear (buzzers and ground bait)

Edited by dsn

The blurred background pics are killing me!

This is Toronto Island, there is a very good chance that your 'secert' spot has been fished a million times by other people then yourself...

Nice fish. I went piking yesterday evening afterwork and got skunked. I've noticed that most of these pike are caught during "happy hour," ie. 11am. Is that the case with your GF's pike? I am just wondering if I'm wasting my time fishing late evenings because after 3-4 outings the skunk will never leave.

Noice one brotha! Me thinks I recognize the dogwood in the carp pic.. :rolleyes: Always nice when your partner gets the biggun. I got my arse skunked baaad yesterday, while the guys I was with were connecting left right center with em...

Rangerguy, some desenex outta clear up that diaper rash real good!

cheers

HD