Don't Smoke with your Kids in the Car

If you knew my wife... you'd know that would have been a good law to pass 40 years ago....

That said... we are really starting to become a policed "state". What's next.. no sex on picnic tables on hot summer nights? lol

That said... we are really starting to become a policed "state". What's next.. no sex on picnic tables on hot summer nights? lol

Yup, I agree with ya there Wayne... Although most people understand smoking in a car with a young'un is wrong and so don't do it the government keeps on taking one step closer to "the other side"

Don't know if you city folk are aware but the Provincial Liberals are now trying to ban rural mailboxes. It is supposedly a "safety" issue. We used to be a "free" country, what happened??

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Ban, ban, ban, regulate, regulate, regulate, tax, tax, tax.....it's the Canadian way.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I may be unpopular with this response, but I like this law.

I wish they did this when I was a kid, would have spared me the Player Navy Cut and Colts in the car.

I am a very light smoker, and if I want one I go outside, and never in the car with my kids. Its not like they can just up and leave if they don't want to inhale the fumes, so this one makes sense to me.

The girl that shares my 11 year olds locker has a parent that smokes in the house. My daughter complains of the smell of everything in the locker just from the transfer off the other girls jacket/books etc.. That girl has to live with that day in and day out.

I also like the banning of smoking in restaurants, I don't like to breath it when I am eating, if I want one, I go outside.....

Burt :blahblah1:

Bring on the onslaught lol.... :clapping:

Edited by Burtess

I've been a smoker for close to 20 years and I have never smoked in my house, car with my kids or even in front of my kids. I'm for this law, but what's this talk about a mail box?!?!?!

I think that in this day and age people should have enough common sense to NOT smoke with their kids in the car, but I think making it the law is rediculous. First of all, it'll end up being one of those laws to make the people who pushed for it happy, but they'll never enforce it. Waste of time and tax payers money if you ask me.

I think that in this day and age people should have enough common sense to NOT smoke with their kids in the car, but I think making it the law is rediculous. First of all, it'll end up being one of those laws to make the people who pushed for it happy, but they'll never enforce it. Waste of time and tax payers money if you ask me.

I agree 100%. Besides, you can still smoke at home with your kids in the house. You are only in the car a percentage of the time you are in your home. So are they gonna ban smoking at home next??? I see that they haven't banned the sale of tobacco yet.....I guess theres too much tax money at stake (damn hypocrits). And what about parents who stuff themselves and their kids full with junk food....is there soon gonna be a ban on children at fast food joints???

Now I stand corrected, sorry it's not the McGuinty gov't., it's Canada Post who is trying to eliminate rural mailboxes. You can check out the story in last Saturday's Ottawa Citizen. Canada Post is set to deliver a fatal blow to rural mail service. The Crown Corporation is spending $500 million to study safety of roadside mailboxes. Half a billion for this Bull. Every taxpayer in this country should be appalled and outraged. :wallbash::wallbash:

If you knew my wife... you'd know that would have been a good law to pass 40 years ago....

Sex is okay, but no smoking on the picnic table afterwards.

JF

I agree 100%. Besides, you can still smoke at home with your kids in the house. You are only in the car a percentage of the time you are in your home. So are they gonna ban smoking at home next??? I see that they haven't banned the sale of tobacco yet.....I guess theres too much tax money at stake (damn hypocrits). And what about parents who stuff themselves and their kids full with junk food....is there soon gonna be a ban on children at fast food joints???

Now I stand corrected, sorry it's not the McGuinty gov't., it's Canada Post who is trying to eliminate rural mailboxes. You can check out the story in last Saturday's Ottawa Citizen. Canada Post is set to deliver a fatal blow to rural mail service. The Crown Corporation is spending $500 million to study safety of roadside mailboxes. Half a billion for this Bull. Every taxpayer in this country should be appalled and outraged. :wallbash::wallbash:

Aren't you over the "outraged" state yet? I've moved on to "frustrated resignation". The system is kinda broke and we really haven't the right tools, or at least the collective will to fix it.

Smoking with kids in the car is something that shouldn't require legislation. It's just common sense. But the pols squander time and money on that kind of legislation so they can safely ignore the things that really need fixing, but they are afraid to tackle. We'll have personal dietary laws soon enough, certainly before they come down on organized gambling.

JF

Sad to think that Canada and the states are following the same path. We must realize that our representatives must pass new and often stupid laws to justify their existence. To wit the non use of cell phones in NY except hands free models when the car is moving. This even seems to make sense but how can it be enforced?

Smoking with kids in the car is something that shouldn't require legislation. It's just common sense.

Yes one would hope, but by the number of people I see doing it, it is not.

Not smoking in an elevator or over the salad bar should have also been common sense.

I guess it’s obvious where I stand on this.