New Years Day...boat....water ..fishing

Terry

well, I was all set to take my folding boat out from big bay point for some whitefish and trout and to try out my new fishfinder and underwater camera

well way too much wind for that, so I took it down to the holland river to play

DSCF2558.jpg

DSCF2559.jpg

DSCF2560.jpg

there were about 100 of these birds hiding under the bridge and they were not happy to see me

DSCF2561.jpg

didn't catch a thing...

but I had a great time on the water..in a boat..on Jan 1.....

the x67c worked well but didn't show any fish

the camera, well I really didn't think it would work with how dirty the water is

but it worked nicely......and even saw a couple of crappie swimming around

but the wind was pushing me around so much I couldn't hold the camera still

well back to work tomorrow

We did the afternoon shift@the top of Cook's bay....Hit some spots and marked fish ,but to no avail.....skunked....no way to start a season......the park is closed at the 8th so no ramp there,we had to go down to lake simcoe marina.....Everyone pray for cold please......we need ice......thx.....Chuck.....

in the spring just as the ice goes out..the crappie move in, some years in big numbers , other years few

pike, perch sunfish bullheads

but in the summer bass, big bass flipping the banks of the river has been known to win bass tourneys

did I say snapping turtles..oh yeah big ones........

well like you said terry who would have thought that on jan1 you would be out in a boat,i saw a guy in lake scugog try and get his in to fish only about 1/4 mile of open water ,there is lots of open water now especially after all that rain last night,but to my suprise not all the ice went there is still alot but only about 1-2 inches take care

Guest mistyriver1

Nice report Terry, glad the new toy worked well :thumbsup_anim:

A year ago, I was icefishing on Cooks Bay with probably about 10 -11 inches of ice and this year we were softwater fishing at the docks. WOW. :rolleyes:

strangely enough these boats are very stable, I can stand and pick up a big muskie over the side of the boat without worries of tipping...if only I could catch a big muskie...

and I was on the rideau and 3ft waves came up..I was safe and comfortable on the trip home..but this time of year I am more careful