Watched a show this morning

Radnine

Hi All,

I just wanted to say that watched Cronzy’s show this morning and enjoyed it thoroughly.

He was on with his kid, fishing for fall Smallmouth in Ontario.

It was packed with how to info (the kid is a joy to listen to), instead of the usual Cronzy asking the name of the lodge or the lake 1200 times in a show.

I thought the show seemed different than most.

Jim

Enjoy all of Darryl's shows and have his books back from the 80's. He can be a coggy old bugger at time...but considering what he's done for our fishery and what he's watched be destroyed by the powers to be.. I'll let him be snid. Everyone that has issue with him can only seem to pick on his need for a shore lunch in every show...and that mystifies me. Have many forgot what fishing was originally for? Have we all become P3TA members? I seem to remember a group of 30 or more OFC'rs... that had their best memory of last summer... having a shore lunch !

lair20077.jpg

lair20076.jpg

Edited by irishfield

You can't go wrong with the Chronz! Amid so many fishing shows which either got boring or lame, his show has never ceased to be entertaining and worth watching. Now where's my 5 gallon fry pan, beer, oil, potatoes, beer, hot peppers, beans, and beer? I'm gonna be busy for a while!

Ha, even his own kid makes fun of him for the shore lunch by mocking him, lol. It's not that everyone doesn't enjoy a shore lunch, it's the fact that he is obsessed with talking about it and mentions it a 100 times a show and takes up half the show talking about it. :lol:

I like Cronz and the show, but man he needs to cut back on the shore lunch talk, lol.

I dont mind him... any man that can show a continent how to fillet and cook a Muskie cannot be all that bad! :w00t:

Seriously though he does alot of good for our sport, sure he is outspoken but who here is not?? I like a guy that speaks his mind and says things as they are without any Bull or pussyfooting.

G

He knows how to market; my mouth waters over every one of his batter commercials.

I will try it this summer for sure.

About this mornings show though, it seemed way more watch-able than when he is stuck talking to a guide for the entire show. I'd think seriously about having the kid on more.

And you guys are right, it is one of the better ones available (on Global, I like Charlie Wray too).

Radnine make a point of trying his batter. I normally make my own but we tried his and it is one of the best ready made I have tried. It gives instruction for pan fried breading or deep fried batter as well as oven baked. Haven't tried the baked yet, the pan fried was very good, the family wasn't to high on the batter style.

I caught the show this morning as well, actually I don't miss many of his. I remember watching the show back oh many years ago when he first started bringing Josh along.

Shore lunch is the best part of any trip and I can't wait for just over a month from now I'll be on my annual fly-in having a few myself.

Might look a bit like this.

105_0598.jpg

and Josh is a fine kid for sure. I remember a few years back, him tearing a strip off a few folks who decided to denigrate his dad about shore lunches and such.