Dave Mercer

Marc Thorpe

That's before my time here - but Dave still tries to get on here as much as he can to see what's goin on. I actually met him and got my job with Dave Mercer Outdoors through OFC. He's probably the busiest guy I've ever met in my life. He's become insanely busy with tv appearances, semenars etc. etc. the last couple of years but refuses to fish any less then he did before so he's rarely by the computer.

Cheers,

UF

Ya know we once actually had Mr Perfect as a member of OFC

Marc, are you referring to the Perfect Angler from 4 or 5 years back ??

Fun times fer sure and some hilarious stuff back then !! :thumbsup_anim:

Dave is a great guy who seams to have endless energy . Took my son to a kids fishing tourament once when he was younger ,Dave and a few others were there , Dave spent some time with him teaching him how to fish the small jerk bait he wanted to use , my son went on to win that day useing those techniques and when we ran into Dave a year later at the weigh in at another tourament he remembered my sons name and joked with him about that day . Cant say how much it ment to the kid that he remembered him (he has at least one fan for life and down came the BoB Isumi picture on his wall and up went the picture of Dave)a great guy and a GREAT ambassador for our sport.

I don't know about this Dave guy. I saw him at Gagnon's last weekend giving advice on fishing tactics and lures. I saw him cast lure after lure in that tank...landing right in front of the fish and he didn't catch anything at all. I mean...it was a bit embarassing to watch.

All kidding aside, Dave seems like a great guy...his new show rocks and he seems very down to earth!

My kids and I met and chatted with Dave last year during his KIDS FACTS OF FISHING derby at Ontario Place. He talked to the kids and answered their questions. I think he's a great guy and the kids loved seeing hime and getting a fishing card of him. Which he also signed for both of them. We can't wait for this years derby.