the secret spot

brrutled

Because the centre pin elitist morons would protest parliament hill threatening hunger strikes.... and the liberal idiots in the GTA would listen to their plight.. I like steelhead fishing... but these morons make it alot less appealing.. they prefer to fish and pose as if they were on the cover of a magazine.. where as I prefer to fish for fish..

As of late the mods of this site have been conscious of this.... and I applaud it...

Hence the reason you will not see a steelhead post from me... I learned my lesson two years ago from a member on this board..... since then not a friggen chance would I post a steelhead report.. it is just not worth it... Yet.. he posts about his exploits and you all love him for it... He knows who he is.....

so I choose to keep my adventures to myself because of this person and those that are like minded, of which there are many

I inform those that are like minded as me, and we share info via PM.. I might share the odd picture or two on the board though..

Overall though unless it is a group trip I tend to keep things to myself as I do not need the hassles from the year round steelheaders

I know that spot, your holding the fish wrong, why did you not edit out the background now millions will be there..... etc etc etc etc..

unfortunately many feel the same.. it never used to be like this..

I fish for fish...

others fish for internet steelhead forum glory.... enjoy it boys.

G

Yikes, remember its just a hobby dude!!!!

Just like reading message boards about things we all enjoy doing! or want to learn more about.

Deep breaths, .

LOL...

RF :blink:

Hey there everyone, my name is Bryan and im rather new to this forum.

One thing i'd like to bring up is the fact that everyone here is far too trustworthy. The fact that you would let people in on little known secrets only to have them turn into streams that are just like, for instance, Bowmanville, or even the Wilmot creek. Rarely, if ever can you go to these creeks even on monday moornings and find less than four cars parked there. no doubt the cars of fisherman going on the advice of others. there are still a few creeks that are somewhat private, howvwer that is rapidly changing due to the posts of many. please, if you go exploring and find a killer spot good for you, but don't support the death of fishing and the now elusive "secret spot" because you want to be "cool" or popular on this site. this post may just go out to johnnybass, or it may not.

Thank you all,

Bryan

Geeeze, you try to be helpful on this forum, and this is the crap you get!

Nice.

I've never seen such a GREEDY group of people like some of the people here.

Reading crap like this, you would think that there aren't enough fish in Ontario for everyone to catch their fair share! :dunno:

Not sure what all the bunk is about ... I still fish the Wilmot, and Oshawa, and Bowmanville and many of the other tribs mentioned ... ALONE ... most of the time because thats how I prefer to do it ... and if you want you can too... you just have to be prepared to walk and know what you're looking for.

By the way I was at the Credit on Friday ... chocolate milk ... totally blown.

Usually I stay away from threads like these ones which lately, has been a lot. OFC is reminding me of "The Zoo" when it was around. All of this blocking of background, pm me and I will tell you, do as I do, don't give out any info, instigating, arguing, I'm right and your wrong kind of attitude isn't very friendly at all.

What has happened here! :wallbash:

Tom

It's the same thing every year, Tom and while it's no fun at all, it at least tells us that softwater season is just around the corner. We really try to smooth it over but it isn't always very easy.

centre pin elitist morons

....I fish center pins, have for nearly 30 years. Had no idea I was a "centre pin elitist morons". :glare:

Now Now, not saying these spots are entirely secret, but atleast they aren't full of lazy sods who can't explore creeks for there own, and typically those creeks that are fished far less are WAY cleaner, when's the last time you saw the willy have no coffee cups and hook packadges sitting around on the bank? just a thought

Don't you mean "sots", I think it'd be more fitting. ;)

Keep up the good work! Nothing like a healthy rant! :clapping: Steelhead? Kind of like artificial insemination. Real men chase pickeral? :thumbsup_anim:

Pickeral are like BIGFOOTeveryone has heard of them but never seen one :canadian:

THEIR FREAKIN WALLEYE :wallbash: lol

Because the centre pin elitist morons would protest parliament hill threatening hunger strikes.... and the liberal idiots in the GTA would listen to their plight.. I like steelhead fishing... but these morons make it alot less appealing.. they prefer to fish and pose as if they were on the cover of a magazine.. where as I prefer to fish for fish..

As of late the mods of this site have been conscious of this.... and I applaud it...

Hence the reason you will not see a steelhead post from me... I learned my lesson two years ago from a member on this board..... since then not a friggen chance would I post a steelhead report.. it is just not worth it... Yet.. he posts about his exploits and you all love him for it... He knows who he is.....

so I choose to keep my adventures to myself because of this person and those that are like minded, of which there are many

I inform those that are like minded as me, and we share info via PM.. I might share the odd picture or two on the board though..

Overall though unless it is a group trip I tend to keep things to myself as I do not need the hassles from the year round steelheaders

I know that spot, your holding the fish wrong, why did you not edit out the background now millions will be there..... etc etc etc etc..

unfortunately many feel the same.. it never used to be like this..

I fish for fish...

others fish for internet steelhead forum glory.... enjoy it boys.

G

That really sucks and ruins things for a lot of us. I don't even fish for stealhead but I enjoy reading the posts. I don't think anyone here should be looking down on you and telling you how to post.

I think it is time to put this baby to bed.

Let's just finish by saying the internet has good and bad influences on fishing.It helps people understand and is easily the single biggest influence on the cach and release and selective harvest culture we have mostly adapted.

It is the best and fastest source of information. But that instant information does have it drawbacks. I know we'd all like to think our spot is 'our spot'. But face it, the more anglers there are the more people are buying licenses and fishing equipment and voting in elections. And we need that more than anything else.

If you are the only one fishing a body of water and something happens to it, do you think anyone will care? But if many of us do, and someone pollutes or backfills or does something else damaging, the chorus of voices will get things fixed...usually anyway.