How Many Guys Fish With Their Gals?

LundGuy

Wife will go every chance she gets.

Sometimes I get too busy unhooking fish for her to keep a line in the water myself. Would be nice if she would handle the fish herself.

Funny how we never go empty handed out of BPS. :whistling:

Always spotting something new and interesting and she just has to have it. :whistling:

Well its nice to see the gals like to fish. There are some pretty awesome pictures of them showing off their fish. Many that would envy even the most skilled, hardened fisherman.Great to see and hear from the folks who love one of the greatest sports and hobbies on earth.

Thanks folks and nice to hear from you all.

LundGuy

Sometimes I get too busy unhooking fish for her to keep a line in the water myself. Would be nice if she would handle the fish herself.

Hey - if something's thrashing around with hooks sticking out of it, I'm gonna let you be the big tough guy! :P

Look on the bright side - whenever I catch a nice fish, you're the one in the brag photo. ;)

Sunday rituals are usually me going out in the morning to fish. Come back at around 1 pick up my wife. We usually get lunch from the harbour snack bar then head to a calm area to relax. We usually swim a bit then I will fish while she reads a book. When I hook into one she gets really excited to see it fight. She makes a really good net keeper.

Every now and then she picks up a rod and takes a wack at it. She still gets upset that I have lures bigger than the fish she catches. Being that she was a Dave Mercer contest winner she now has her own stuff and is excited to get out and try it again.

I've also caught her at the cottage fishing off the dock when she thought nobody was watching, put a smile on my face.

Getting back to the topic at hand (sorry Lundguy), I've never fished with my wife other than a few minutes off the dock. I'd like to get her out this year but I suspect she'd enjoy reading a book on the bow moreso than chucking lures.

-Brian

That's ok man. She'll be great company tho.

:D We made a deal that she had to tie her own knots and put her bait on. Now we fish all the time when we can both get . The only thing she doesn't do is take of her fish, She was jabbed by a walleye and that was the end of taking off her fish

Scooter

I told her she can either take an inner tube or swim noodle to fish on from now on .... I hid all her gear.

H2.jpg

and replaced with this:

pole.jpg

Perhaps Cliff can give you the name of his support group for guys who get outfished by their ladies.

I used to go to www.crymeariver.com, but bly pulled her PB Steelhead out of it.

That is super funny!!! Good one!

I looked into the "World's Most Smallest Violin" support group for anglers, and stumbled upon this image:

animated20violin.gif

... and beneath it wrote "Cliff played this for Bly when he caught his 14lbs pickerel. She broke the violin over his head it, unstrung the bow, tied on a lure, and used it to catch her 15 lber"

I decided not to join.

I took my girlfriend out fishing for the first time about 2 years ago and she's been hooked ever since.... Luckily she bates her own hook, handles the fish and cleans them.

This was her first cast and her very first fish...

Isabelsfirstfishtroylake.jpg

This was the very next cast, her second fish... Steep learning curve I guess.

isabelssecondfishthenextcasttroylak.jpg

Then my buddy and I brought the girls on a Walleye fishing trip... guess who caught the biggest eye of the weekend...

FOSTERSFISH2.jpg

figures

That is super funny!!! Good one!

I looked into the "World's Most Smallest Violin" support group for anglers, and stumbled upon this image:

animated20violin.gif

... and beneath it wrote "Cliff played this for Bly when he caught his 14lbs pickerel. She broke the violin over his head it, unstrung the bow, tied on a lure, and used it to catch her 15 lber"

I decided not to join.

LOL!!!!

Ok...pick on Cliff day is over. :lol: