Carp-Do people really throw the fish on shore as fertilizer

livinisfishin

Carp this carp that carp up and carp down. Get it throught you thick sculls, I have written proof with the signature of the Onatrio Biologist, THAT CARP ARE A SPORT FISH. You all think your great all knowing profesional fisherman, that don't know you head from you donkey, when there is proof. Yes I posted the damn proof on a thread.

You know what, you all live in you fantasy world, with nothing to do, but make up facts with nothing to prove it.

I am done with OFC, have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L8ter!!!!

GOOD BYE!!

Well I don't know what the definition of 'sportfish' is, so I can't respond to that, but jeez carper...I don't understand the hostility.

There are many who would like to see carp gone since they are a non-native species. I'd like to see chinook salmon gone, myself, but I don't see many people getting quite so riled about it.

Lots os people enjoy carp fishing, and like it or not, they are here to stay. We might as well learn to like them and adapt like the environment does.

Don't know why the anger either Rick :dunno: But I have said before that there is money to made from carp! Some people are on the edge of this tourism resource. I don't fish for them, but like you said some do. I would not toss them up on the bank myself.

I did have a European neighbour when I was a kid that had the greatest garden in Burlington because every Sunday he went fishing in Bronte Creek and almost every time he would bring a carp home for the garden. For him they provided a sport, entertainment and great big strawberries and tomatoes so they didn't go to waste.

What's the difference between a Carp and a lawyer? .... One's a scum sucking bottom feeder, and the other's a fish!

(With all due respect to any and all those who may be lawyers or have members of their family etc... aw, who am I kindin .... :Gonefishing: )

Grew up catchin Carp in the mighty Thames in London. Caught my share and probably a few others during that time... most went back in, but some made it home to my mom's roses and boy, do Carp make nice roses.

It"s a coarse fish, always has been, always will be... that's why they make 'em look like that!LOL

HH

Although I really hate carp, I have to admit they are a sport fish...soccer

I don't know how anybody can use them for fertilizer for flowers with racoons and skunks digging them up, leaving only one option, the Pele Release

(thats an old one HH, good but old LOL)

Edited by Kirk

as for putting ANY fish in your garden / flower bed . . . . once it started to ripen, you'd have every stray cat, skunk, raccoon and in some areas, bear, for miles, diggin' up the garden for these tasty morsels.

hmmm.....when i lived with my parents id bring home all sizes of carp to bury in the gardens. dig a hole, throw in the fish, chop with shovel, throw dirt back in hole. my moms flowers were always bigger than the neighbours even though they bought the same flowers from the same place each year as a "tradition" type deal. the only time that the fish got dug up is if i didnt put at least 6" of soil over the fish.

lots of big females to be had in the spring as well as little 12 inchers for the frying pan :thumbsup_anim:

Are carp a non-native species? Yes...

But so are chinook salmon, rainbow trout and smallmouth bass. The carp's size and feeding method does lead to some habitat damage but nearly ever lake that has them, has adapted to it. Good thing about nature....it an usually survive whatever stupidity we throw at it.

Rick, theres a difference between non-native and invasive, im pretty sure carp is still on the invasive list.

Sorry if someone already adressed this, didnt have time to read through all the posts.

Are carp a non-native species? Yes...

But so are chinook salmon, rainbow trout and smallmouth bass.

True .. and if I am not mistaken ... so is the 'white-man' :)

By the way .... does anyone know what the final story was from last years big Carp die off in the Kawarthas ???

By the way .... does anyone know what the final story was from last years big Carp die off in the Kawarthas ???

Hmm...there were some explanations that just dont add up. The govt's official story is that it was Columaris bacteria that caused it, yet they didn't find any in Scugog carp, where the die off began.

I think it had something to do with aliens....the truth is out there.

My old man as a kid used to catch Carp from the St Lawrence and then sell it to the Jews in Mtl for their restaurants. Apparently at the time they made for a good delicacy. Kind wonder what and how they cooked it. Then again there was a war going on. As far as a sport fish, since when? Must of changed like a lot of other things. LATELY

QUOTE(Rick OBanion @ Feb 25 2008, 10:33 AM)

I'd like to see chinook salmon gone, myself,

Hmmmmm, I thought I was the only one. :thumbsup_anim:

What did the king salmon do to you fellows?

We might as rid our selves of bronws(european) and bow(pacific) as well if you want to go the non-native route.

Edited by iceguy