Dumb mottoes

forrest

When the winds from the east, the fish bite least. When the winds from the west, the fis bite best.

I always thought that was dumb.

"winds from the east...fish bite the least"

That's one I always believed in. I don't know why. I think it has something to do with the wind passing through Ottawa before it gets here.

Edited by fireball

Lots of dumb mottos, also lots of dumb billboards. Not fishing but I would like to share these, in Toronto I saw 2 board across from eachother,

One saying " Jesus saves! " and the other one saying " Loeb saves you more! ". And in Kentucky I believe, There is a billboard on the side of a hill saying " Tatoos.......Done while you wait. " How else do you get a tatoo done? Anyway I know its not fishing but pretty dumb and clever.

I just remebered one more, driving up to Wasaga Beach there were two houses side by side right off the highway, one had " Jesus Lives " painted on its roof, and the house next door had " So does Elvis " . I love stupid and clever things.

I just remebered one more, driving up to Wasaga Beach there were two houses side by side right off the highway, one had " Jesus Lives " painted on its roof, and the house next door had " So does Elvis " . I love stupid and clever things.

You mean there's two good neighbour pairs. Identical on a shared laneway for two houses just West of Fowlers Corners down by Peterborough.

I love the billboard on the road north out of Toronto that says,

"The ULTIMATE FEAST !!!!! Do it Yourself PIG ROAST."

If it's the ultimate, I'd rather not have to cook my dinner and then serve it to myself. Nothing ultimate about that.

Edited by douG

I've always been told about this place. It's on the way from my wife's parents place to her brothers. Last year we took a drive by, but Elvis wasn't up yet.