Halftime show................

Aww.... come on.. go easy on the lad he is getting a tad old looking, but saying that I realize I'm getting there to. Think his was the first album I bought when I went off to school in TO.... back in 79 LOL. Did he put an album out since then? :D

Mind you he was an "upbeat" from the boring game itself. Excitement was the Montreal/NY game earlier in the day! Best game of hockey I'd seen in a LONG while.

Edited by irishfield

Was my favorite half time show yet.

Music that you could actually enjoy. Who cares what the hell he looks like? He's a GUY !!!

You want the Spice girls or Janet Jackson ???

Good music is just that, good music. No matter how old.

You wanna see boobies? You got the internet.

Tom Petty Rocks.

Hookset.

Why in the world did they get Tom Petty to do the show????

When in the last decade did he come out with a new album or song??? i'd rather have another Janet Jackson woopsie than hear him sing lol!!! :blahblah1::whistling:

Any bets the producers have a demographic study that says the average football viewer likes Tom Petty's music? Think about the market for the NFL's product. All us boomers (and I'm right on the front edge of that group) grew up with tv football and now control a large share of disposable consumer dollars. Given the amount of advertising money that's spent on the show don't you think they're looking at who's watching and tailoring the product to the market.

As a young guy I was far more interested in playing the violent games than watching 'em on tv. Nowadays I'm a watcher of violent sports and settle for fishing, diving, golf & curling as my "contact" sports. I often leave the tv during the halftime extravaganza because I don't usually relate to what's happening, but this time I stuck around and kinda enjoyed it's lowkeyness. But then I also enjoyed the game, so what do I know? 8)

JF

Knocking a member of the "Trembling Wheelbarrows" is outrageous!

Yep I liked it, although I didn't see it I listen to it.

Wayne you must be an offensive type of guy :lol:, being a defensive coach for years with the young men I found it was a good game. A lot better than the usual blowouts.

yo

wazz up should da had 50cent

or maybe a few of these guys

A.W.O.L.

AMG

ATC

AZ

Above the Law

Ace Deuce

Acres Home Players

Ad Money

African Identity

Against the Grain

Agent Hook

Ak-D

Al Kapone

Already Riders

Amar Pep

petty did just fine

I am 25 yrs old, and I thought the show was great. I enjoy Tom's music.

Sure he isn't as "energetic" as some people might like, but he did exactly what he was there to do: entertain.

How often do you get to hear 70,000ish people sing along with a song?

Mind you, if I had the choice I would take a Shania Twain or Carrie Underwood in a heartbeat.

Maybe if Dallas would have made it, they would have had Jessica Simpson play.

I guarantee you Dallas would have lost then! :lol:

All in all, I really enjoyed the show, and good for him for still "having it".