treble buried deep in thumb..PIC ADDED

brickNblock

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Pete and hopefully your thumbs a bit better this morning.

Stuck myself with small bass hooks a couple times but fortunately nothing in the /0 sizes yet.

You'll be back to hoisting those bricksNblocks in no time :)

Hey Brick,nothing like adding a personal touch :w00t:

Scent,I like Scented lures :lol:

Gotta admit,I enjoyed the play by play read of this thread

Is he gonna get out,is he not gonna get out,is gonna have to sleep with it :w00t:

No he got tanked and yanked it out :w00t:

Good on ya,glad all turned out well

Good shot from the doc and you wont rust from the inside out :lol:

Edited by marc thorpe

Gather your knipex and a VERY sharp blade, and a container of ice water and some peroxide. Soak yer digit in the ice water until it is numb and start the push through process, using the blade to make a small incision when you know where the point is going to just pop right out there. Knipex should end your attachment to that pesky little hook. After everything is clear, soak in some more peroxide, trying to get the bubbles working all the way in. You are lucky to have a helper monkey along, if nothing else she can go 'Oh dear' at the appropriate times.

You still need to see the Dr., I think a tetanus shot is also in order.

The Helper Monkey can also take pictures, we like pictures.

Excellent advice Doug :clapping: This happened to a buddy of mine when we were up North on a troutn trip...2hrs from a hospital, 10:00PM, and a few beers in all of us, made the decision to remove the hook at the cabin...We did pertty much the same thing as you posted!!

I feel for you Pete!!

I've had to do twice to myself on the water, had someone else do it for me(because it was in the back of my head) and had to do it to someone else! Didn't have the luxury of the ice or pain killer. LOL Never fun but you chose the right method! It's actually easier when someone else is pushing it through, when you have to do it yourself, you know when you're going to push! Heal quick!

Cheers,

Dave

this gets the OFC loyalty award, telehealth ontario has registered nurses on the toll free phone...I guess TJ should start including medical malpractice coverage for all registrants LOL

I'm feeling sharp pains in my chest, slurred speech what should I dddddd1qr9u38y v3oqvhoqr84tuo28

Well that was fun now what do you want to chill and clip off next? I have found that after you ice it down if it still hurts get a can of compressed computer cleaner can and give it a 1 second burst of liquid BUT NO MORE so you do not freeze the skin. Then you have about 3o seconds of no pain to work the hook out. you can also get a syringe and irrigate the wound with hydrogen peroxide and then use an anti biotic cream like nesporin to finish it off. The tetnus shot is still a must have though if it is done right it should hurt more than the hook did the next day. That should keep your mind off your finger hurting.

Art

Ouch! Hope you sleep it off okay.

I have been lucky so far, stuck myself a few times with hooks but never past the barb.

A buddy of mine got one past the barb on the water, and he pulled it through himself. I was willing to help, I think, but he just went and did it.

Mike

Would like to thank Rick and douG for their medical support..... :thumbsup_anim:

Wayne for your motivation........

and my wife for just plain telling me to man-up.... :canadian:

"Your not comming to bed with that in your hand"....... <_<:blahblah1:<_<

I dont know how many times she struck that razor blade before hitting the right spot but it is out......

th_hooked.jpg

We've just finished shovelling.......N-shovelling the driveway so will be heading into town for a few items including a tetnus shot....

I'm missing a few items and have them on backorder but have close to a dozen lures complete for those that have asked for them.....Going to consider a new 'Blood' line of lure.... :whistling:

I had this happen to me on Nipissing about 15 years ago. I lost my grip on a small pike and it slapped the other treble deep into the web of my hand. The most immediate problem was securing thrashing fish. It took me 20 minutes to force the tip though and then I cut the wire below the barb. I then backed the shank out.

Back at camp, I was told to add salt to warm+ water and soak it as much as possible. I did this throughout the evening and the next morning there was no pain or infection. The salt draws out the posions. I have used this salt "bath" a number of times since and it works like magic.

So if I really was having a stroke, I'm definitely logging on to another web site. :)

Glad it worked out bricknblock, although with all that blood I think you should still see an MD, let me know about suing the hook manufacturer...those hooks are way too sharp if they can cause that much blood shed

Edited by Kirk

Feel better Pete and heal quick! Soo not looking forward to ever having to deal with this..ouch!

Don't belive her she has super glued many of my cuts together many times. :stretcher: Glad to hear you are ok . And know that nothing sticks out as much as a swore thumb

About 15 years ago I had a small pike slip out of my hand and the second treble hook dug deep into the web of my hand. It took about 20 minutes to force the hook out the back side. I cut the shaft below the barb and backed the remaining shaft out.

When I returned to camp, I was told to soak the hand in warm+ with salt and repeat the application as often as possible. The next morning there was no pain or infection. Over the years I have used this salt "bath" on a number of times and it worked like magic.

So if I really was having a stroke, I'm definitely logging on to another web site. :)

Glad it worked out bricknblock, although with all that blood I think you should still see an MD, let me know about suing the hook manufacturer...those hooks are way too sharp if they can cause that much blood shed

Kirk.........that was hilarious Bud!

Most of that blood was caused by my lovely bride... <_<

The hook was so deep..it just looked black inside until I attempted to bring it back out the way it went in but being a large treble it brought out some things that were yellow in colour and I wasnt to happy with what I was seeing ..

so from a thread I believe from MuskyBill back a few years ago I remembered thaT it has to pass through on the route of travel and the shank backed out.

Yeah it was bleeding but near as much as what happened after my personal surgeon went to work on it....

Perhaps I should keep this on file tho......

If the day ever came where divorce may be an issue it could provide evidence of abuse......

Oh yeah........I blew my beer budget for the weekend...dang!

..too many last night for anesthetic.