What could it be?

nautifish

Okay now when u say hammer i assume u mean hamilton right?

I have lived in port dover allmost six yrs now and this is my 1st time ever seeing one in our erea. Now we have alot of development going on here and i mean alot. Do you sopose maybe they are being driven out of there natural habitat where they would normally hide? I was allways under the impression that coyotes were quiet shy animals?

Being from out west I have seen thousands of both and if its a coyote than its gay (not that theres anything wrong with that) have never seen one so lite on its feet. Looks to me like a very heathy Red Fox with an extremly good winter coat.

As far as it looking like it was going to howl, it was just checking for scent, coyotes walk like they are saulking, keeping their heads fairly low, where a fox has more of a prance

Edited by TOM C

Being from out west I have seen thousands of both and if its a coyote than its gay (not that theres anything wrong with that) have never seen one so lite on its feet. Looks to me like a very heathy Red Fox with an extremly good winter coat.

As far as it looking like it was going to howl, it was just checking for scent, coyotes walk like they are saulking, keeping their heads fairly low, where a fox has more of a prance

Being from out west I have seen thousands of both and if its a coyote than its gay (not that theres anything wrong with that)

Not sure exactly what u mean by it being a gay Coyote? sorry :dunno:

Sorry tried to explain it with how a fox is alot lighter on its feet, with more of a gate, where a coyote walks more like a dog.

Best way to know what it was is by what color it was?

A fox with a coat like that would have been very red, a coyote would have been much grayer to a light brown

Edited by TOM C

Well actually when we 1st saw the animal we thought it was a dog.

I know this is probably no big deal to some as some of you see many as some have said. However for me in our particular erea this was a 1st for me. This is not a common sight in my erea.

It was to far away to see the colour tom. I wish i had had my camera mounted on my tripod at that moment. Would have managed alot clearer video footage.

If it is a Coyote it's only my second time ever seeing one in the wild.

where we hunt in the mount forest area there are 2 families of coyotes on either ends of the property . just after sunset they start crying out to one another. makes you feel a bit uneasy if you're on your way out of the woods ,,, there are so many. i know they're harmless for the most part . we get to see them quite often in the morning heading back from to their home base and sometimes pretty close. they are a beautiful animal and their colors vary . but those long legs really give it away. check the video again and revisit my trail-cam pic . it's pretty obvious with something to compare it to.good luck buttin' out . i'm a year baccy free . you can do it too!!!!!

Not sure where the mount forest erea is sorry!

Before moving to port dover i used to live out in the boonies between scotland and norwich. My 1st yr back home in canada as i allready mentioned i actually saw my 1st Coyote. It was actually in a field off of bishopsgate road just outside scotland.

Sometimes at night i would hear more like yapping not really howling at night and it would sound like alot of animals.

My second summer living there i had returned back to Europe for a short visit. On my return home to canada my boy's had told me that they had had a scare. At that time we had adopted a very old springer spaniel who basically had been abused and i took him in . Anyway booker was a pretty lazy old smelly dog....lol and when i say lazy i mean very very lazy.

Well one evening around 11.00pm they had let booker out to pee before heading to bed. They told me that they had heard booker bark and beleive me when i say this dog never barked. So my uncle and my two eldest boy's had gone out on the back deck to see booker vanish around the side of the house. So as they walked down off the deck to the side of the house they said that booker was following a very large animal. My eldest boy said the hair looked like wire and it was grey and black . Booker was allmost up the rear end of this animal according to my boy's. My uncle said what ever it was it was large, My boy's swear it was a wolf....lol even though they have never seen one in the wild. My uncle says it could have been he thinks it looked like a wolf but could not be 100% sure. I guess when the larger animal had seen my boy's it ran off across the road into the woods.

Congrats on the baccy free for a yr, :clapping: well done & thanx. ;)

At first, I thought for sure a Fox, mainly due to the trot it had. But the size, fairly long legs, the distance between its chest and the ground seemed too much for a Fox, I'm kinda leaning towards a coyote. But if people here experienced Foxes that size before, I would have to say a Fox. I just haven't seen any that big.

I get excited like a little kid when i get to see things like this....LOL :canadian:

Hey nauti, I would imagine you'll be seeing a lot more wildlife in the near future :) .

Is your latest project still a reality? Hope so.

As far as the vid goes it looks more like a coyote to me...

Cheers, Mike

Hey nauti, I would imagine you'll be seeing a lot more wildlife in the near future :) .

Is your latest project still a reality? Hope so.

As far as the vid goes it looks more like a coyote to me...

Cheers, Mike

Hey nauti, I would imagine you'll be seeing a lot more wildlife in the near future :)

LOL Ohhh blimey mike don't even get me started.. :D ..lol.... yes project is still all ago :thumbsup_anim: things should be moving forward with in the next few weeks. I'll keep Ya posted for sure. ;)

Can't help with identifying the animal...

Best of luck with the non-smoking... :clapping:

Sometimes it takes a determined mindset like...

Nothing, absolutly nothing is worth taking a cigarette

Each craving/urge you overcome makes the next one a miniscule bit easier and farther apart...

My stepdaughter gave them up when her boyfriend said that kissing her was like licking an ashtray... :lol: