99c crankbaits

drwxr

Yep, pretty neat looking lures. Can't beat the price either, at a buck a pop you don't mind loosing the occasional one. At least that is better than 5 to 7 bucks left snagged on a log.

And they can catch fish, however as any lure they are designed to catch the fisherman first. :D

The crankbaits have never run properly for me, and I've bought several. If you have some time to spare you can tune them right though.

Other than that, the other baits work well. I've been impressed with the Dollarama stuff actually, lol. They have a Chug Bug imitation now that I can't wait to try. I swapped the hooks and dressed the rear end a bit, but still a nice lookin' bait.

found these in dollarama @ majormac&bayview

99cent a piece, cant go wrong with that

2005321702510352260_rs.jpg

I used the popper(top left) at my pond, hit 6 fish in 30mins. Biggest was approx. 6Lbs. That is just using it out of the package. I noticed the cranks have to be tuned. They do work well for the money!!

Daniel

OCH

I tried a few of the minnow bait cranks and agree that they needed tuning. Last dollar store outing I scooped a gold rattletrap, was heavier than the other crankbaits and swam pretty well. My favoutite of the cheapies so far although I've never come across some of those that you've got pictured.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but when I'm buying fishing tackle, I'm looking for quality gear, something that's gonna stand up when the going gets tough, rather than looking for the cheapest, flimsiest knockoffs from the bargain bin of a dollar store.

I'd sure hate to have the split rings open or the hooks pull loose from the bait and lock a fish's jaw closed and have him starve to death, or even lose a nice trophy fish because of lousy equipment.

Not counting some pickeral stuff, I don't think I own a musky bait that cost less than $20 and I have some lures that are over $100 each, but at least I'm pretty well satisfied that for the most part, they'll do the job their intended to do.

Maybe I'm wrong and nobody will agree with me, but that's the way I look at things. :Gonefishing:

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but when I'm buying fishing tackle, I'm looking for quality gear, something that's gonna stand up when the going gets tough, rather than looking for the cheapest, flimsiest knockoffs from the bargain bin of a dollar store.

I'd sure hate to have the split rings open or the hooks pull loose from the bait and lock a fish's jaw closed and have him starve to death, or even lose a nice trophy fish because of lousy equipment.

Not counting some pickeral stuff, I don't think I own a musky bait that cost less than $20 and I have some lures that are over $100 each, but at least I'm pretty well satisfied that for the most part, they'll do the job their intended to do.

Maybe I'm wrong and nobody will agree with me, but that's the way I look at things. :Gonefishing:

I tend to agree with Lew and Outlaw. I live by the addage "you get what you pay for". Not slamming the product either, I like to buy stuff at the dollar store as well; however fishing tackle is not one of them.

I agree also.

However,

As you've seen in my reports and as CCMT remarked there is one particular Dollarama lure that has outperformed any of my $20+ rapalas, salmo, zuri's etc. etc.

I have reinforced my dollarama lures with a strand of 65# braid threaded through the eyelets of the hooks and attached to the leader.

Just like Rich, I've changed the hooks on a few as well.

I really wouldn't bother if this particular lure wasn't so darn successful. The colour and action are fantastic.

I also take a lot of risks and chuck lures in high snag potential areas and would rather lose a dollar then a dozen probing a spot.

My neices, nephews, other reckless relatives and friends have made a dent on my tackle box (+ wallet).

For bass, most of the lures above are fine.

Anything bigger and the plastic will break and the fish will suffer.

Get rid of the jointed one. It'll break.

Quality lures are best for serious fishin'

I've been suckered into these, not once but twice. Hanging out at Dollarama while my wife shops and boom, shiny fishing lures, must have some. Insert Homer Simpson drool noises here. They looked great and were cheap.

Well I tried a couple of them and was not impressed. They were way too light to cast any distance, and had terrible action. I didn't even bother putting it in a box for a maybe later or even donate it. I threw it out it was that bad. I then tried a diver that they had. Stoopid me for even thinking it would be different.

Needless to say, I am not a fan of them.

This is a pic of a rapala after a few tussles one morning with a couple of "average" pike. Those dollarama lures would be torn to shreds.

no doubt about it, cant compare good quality lures and cheap ones, i will try how they work in spring and see if they are worth keeping, poppers will do the job eventually, but you never know.

Hey, Lew does that $100 lure comes with gps in case you loose it ? ;)

I love my $ store lures they were gifts from my daughter and will not see the water as they look and feel cheap but they do sit in the box so that when she is sifting throught it she sees them and when she asks what to use I tell her something different. its like most of the stuff there its not worth the $ you paid for it. just through away after use stuff at them stores. And yes I do shop there but dont depend on anything bought from the places.

O.K.

The gloves are off :thumbsup_anim:

I would put this one Dollarama lure in my top 5. It simply has out-performed MOST of my Rapalas.

med_gallery_82_84_29378.jpg

Here's some proof

Various esox having a snack on the same lure.

med_gallery_82_84_49424.jpg

gallery_82_84_31592.jpg

med_gallery_82_84_25272.jpg

med_gallery_82_84_53905.jpg

gallery_82_84_9252.jpg

med_gallery_82_84_19057.jpg

They are cheap, they may break.

As I mentioned earlier I've modified it now so that it's indestructible.

The modification took 2min. at a cost of .30cents. Braid and crazyglue.

I would trade my Rapalas for this lure.

Just wait till I post my Dollarama spinner bait post. :blahblah1:

Gadzooks.