Trip to Toronto.Need help to identify pics from the Plane

Mike the Pike

I went to Toronto Saturday for my annual sales meeting just got back last night.

Before we took off in Montreal the Captain mentioned we would be flying over lake Simcoe on our approach

to Pearson International Airport.

Please tell me which bodies of water these lakes and rivers are.

IMG_0409_1.jpg

IMG_0410_1.jpg

IMG_0412_1.jpg

IMG_0413_1.jpg

IMG_0414_1.jpg

IMG_0415_1.jpg

IMG_0416_1.jpg

IMG_0417_1.jpg

IMG_0418_1.jpg

IMG_0419_1.jpg

IMG_0420_1.jpg

IMG_0429_1.jpg

Yes I know this one the CN Tower.

IMG_0546_1.jpg

I stayed at the Stagewest Hotel in Mississauga a very nice place to stay.

Just like last year we took in another great show called 70's fever.

What a show many great old tunes from the 70's like the Bee Gees Rod Stewart and even a quick visit from the band Kiss .I think the highlight

of the show was when a young lady came dressed and sang like Tina Turner belting

out the famous song Proud Mary.She stole the show.So Cool!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone has a chance check out the show.The food was very good and the show is worth

every penny.

I was on the lookout for Trackers hut but I think he built it too small :whistling:

Well hopefully I can get back to fishing this weekend.

Mike the Pike.

Edited by Mike the Pike

1....not sure.....pigeon maybe?

2 is round lake near Havelock

3 is scugog river.... lindsay is the built up area

4 is Chemong, that's the causeway at Bridgenorth.

5-6 are scugog.....looking south over Ball point towards Cesarea

7 is scugog.....looking at the North end of the island.....far left is ball point......see someopen water there.....yuck!

8 is scugog looking south towards port perry.....that's the west side of the island.....Kings bay on the right

9 on top of the wing is looking down towards port perry.

10 Kings bay on the bottom right, Goreskis marina just right of center on the west shore of the island

11. Almost the same as 10, but you can see the mouth of the Nonquon river on the right hand side......

Sinker

Edited by Sinker

Cool :thumbsup_anim: Does Sinker win a prize :clapping:

Good eye Sinker.

Joey

I agree with Joey.....what do I win? :thumbsup_anim::clapping::canadian:

#1 doesn't look like Rice. Rice has a lot of islands on it.

I think #1 is crowe lake, now that I think about it. That would be the crowe river on the north end you can see in the picture. Makes sense with the way the pictures were taken as well....crowe, round, chemong, scugog river, scugog lake.......you missed sturgeon and pigeon....the 2 most important ones..... :blahblah1:

Sinker

Hi Folks,

I thought I could shed some light as I'm a pilot for Canada's flag carrier and have flown Montreal - Toronto many times.

When air traffic control (ATC) flows traffic into Toronto, they use four "bedposts" inbound. One from each direction and in this case (from the east) it's called the Simcoe arrival because it comes in just south of Lake Simcoe before it blends in with the landing pattern. In ths case, it appears you were being vectored around or actually in a hold right over Lake Scugog with left hand turns which gave you the great views. ATC does this as a delaying or "metering" tactic when things get backed up.

Sinker is right on the mark and very impressive if I may add! This first picture is Moira Lake near Madoc which you would've passed over first. Then as Sinker said, #2 is Round Lake near Havelock, #3 the causeway at Bridgenorth on Chemong and so on. He had me on the causeway because at first glance, it looked to me like the one in Port Perry.

I need a guy like him beside me when the passengers ask where we are! In our world, it's all waypoints and intersections in the sky and have little to do with geographic location. In this case, the pilot said you'll be flying over Lake Simcoe because they were doing the Simcoe Arrival, not because you were actually going to be over the lake itself. Most of our PA's to the passengers are general in nature as many wouldn't know where Lakes Scugog, Chemong, Moira etc. are.

Cheers!