Simcoe

huntervasili

Hey all Just going to make a short report here, its been quite a while since i have posted one and even longer since a successful one lol. So here goes... Day started around 8 when we arrived in Gilford.... lines in the water ready to go at 9 and sure enough first drop in the water and fish on... a decent 12" perch would start out the day nicely. Although we were nice and comfortable in the hut outside there were some good gusts of wind and some whiteout conditions (brought the GPS just in case) This was our initial greeting

Snowstorm1.jpg

Snowstorm3.jpg

After the first hour my Brother hooks into what he figures is a small perch until his reel starts screaming. He didnt know what it was, ended up being a little pike

JamesPike.jpg

The weather liked switching back and forth... it was continuously windy and cold though but snow and clouds came and went

Sunw.jpg

Moved around after the bite stopped and it helped... we got to a spot with nonstop action at the end of the day and we couldnt keep our lines in the water... Mostly fish in the 7-10" range but a bunch of 5-6" dinks and a few over 10

Meperch.jpg

Overall an enjoyable day on the water and I am glad to see the water is now hard. As for ice conditions. Well operators were putting there huts out in the afternoon with argos and quads so it seems to be "safe" we found from 4" to 7" on the Gilford side but we sure didn't cover the whole bay so its not to say it is all accessible or safe. Hope ya enjoyed the report.

Hey bill thats some good perch fishing !!!!!. :canadian::w00t: ..well at least you did better than the last time you me and dan were out....it looked like you had the place all to yourself,were you out in the same spot we were out in a few weeks back????...great report & pics too,talk to you later bill,are you still up for that quinte trip we all had planned.....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Sure thing skeeter... i am thinking I will make a thread for everyone to post a pic of their hut so if we see eachother we can Identify OFNers...

Glen... The pics were emailed from another computer and were made into like 15kb's instead of the normal MB's they take up... I do use photobucket.

Shawn... Different spot altogether where we caught fish. Started Shallow and had good action then moved when it slowed and kept moving till we got on em et the end of the day. I have the GPS waypoints so we can go there next week if all goes well.

I'll phone ya next time Gerritt... guess I should have been thinking better eh?