And Here's Where It All Began...

bigfish1965

And someone posted this pic, I think Roy, first ever GTG at Lakair, not necessarily a planned event at that time, but a great picture nontheless, some of the members are still here, some are not.

ontfisnet2002.JPG

Darn, I wish I was one of those people in the picture. I know quite a few in that picture, but have never, ever, met any of them.

Yes....that was a good weekend.

Top row left to right we have:

Marty, AlanJ, GaryV, Muskiestudd,one of Mikeo's sons, then the holy trinity of Kronik, CoolB and (help me out) then Spiel, TJ, Tony (Marty's brother) and Cory

Front row, left to right:

Garry 2R's,Canadave,MikeO, another of MikeO's little ones, the Dwarf and Kevin.

That was the very first and I still remember the great time we had.

The weather for the first G2G was to say the least WET WET WET, everyone had a good time ( some more than others ) and it has continued from there. As mentioned in Roy's post I was at the first one probably due to me persueing the idea with TJ. Didn't go again until 2006 and all I can say was it has got bigger and better. When you can get that many people together from all walks of life and geographical areas and they get along for 3 or more days and just enjoy each others company it's simple amazing. Hope to be there in 2007.

Yes... when i was on the whats biting board, I used to announce my newsletter once a month. I still have a copy of the board that we started in 2001 , the one before proboards....

Yes... when i was on the whats biting board, I used to announce my newsletter once a month. I still have a copy of the board that we started in 2001 , the one before proboards....

That was the board run through Zoology at UofT, right? That's the first board I "joined" when I started fishing in 1999, heard about OFC afterwards and then moved over. That board went downhill shortly after if I remember correctly...

Mike

Pic of the first g2g is awesome!

With just a few people there at least Roy didn't have a problem with finding a place to sleep....as if he still does :lol:

GaryV I was and still am simply amazed at the experience of a Lakair g2g, I sure hope to return :santa:

Whopper