Santa came early for me this year ....again....

icefisherman

As many of you know, last three months or so were dedicated for boat hunting....4-5 hours per day every day...must have looked closely at more than 50 boats....thanks for all the good honest advice I've received from members and I may need few more of those before I install all add-ons I need...

So, here it goes....About 3 weeks ago I finalized negotiation on a nice Lund. The best boat I've seen in my search. It is 2000 Lund 1700 Pro Sport. I got the deal of the century on it too. Had to work on few logistics in getting it from fair distance away. Again got tons of good advice with getting it across the border with all the paperwork/formalities. I was fully prepared for customs but there were few small glitches that slowed me down a bit but at the end boat arrived safely home on Sunday night.

I've had to remove weather strips on my garage door and even then it was hard to get it in width wise....but it got in eventually...then the staircase had to go as I needed extra length too...that was done last night and only the tongue slept outside...a raccoon got in the garage last night, had to chase it out 1am (thinking someone is trying to take my boat away ha ha ;-) :unsure:

So, with the swing tongue kit that came included in the deal I'll solve that issue as well and be able to close the door completely. Just waiting for all the paperwork to come and do the trailer check in CT before start cutting.

Got it out this morning while it was still sunny (snowy now) and took few pictures. I'll take it to my mechanic to see what he has to say tonight ....winterize the kicker etc.

Here are the pictures:

IMGA2233.jpg

one really happy camper here:

IMGA2234.jpg

he wanted to go fishing today :Gonefishing:

IMGA2237.jpg

IMGA2244.jpg

IMGA2239.jpg

IMGA2242.jpg

IMGA2243.jpg

IMGA2245.jpg

IMGA2247.jpg

IMGA2248.jpg

The trolling electric motor with Auto Pilot:

IMGA2249.jpg

IMGA2274.jpg

front padding:

IMGA2276.jpg

IMGA2277.jpg

Very, very nice trailer:

IMGA2252.jpg

IMGA2253.jpg

IMGA2254.jpg

Two transom savers, one for each motor. Will I be mount the kicker motor transom saver easily and is it a must to have one?

IMGA2268.jpg

IMGA2255.jpg

IMGA2271.jpg

IMGA2269.jpg

And the view from across the street. Any opinions on do I need to change my receiver rise to 2", or streight one? It is 4" drop now. It does look relatively even to me but tongue is heavier then on the older boat...maybe it should be this way?

IMGA2280.jpg

IMGA2281.jpg

IMGA2282.jpg

Here is this little gem I got on a super deal as well, waiting to be installed. Can I just tight ti to the transom without drilling it and how can a secure it against theft?

IMGA2264.jpg

Everything is working fine and looks very clean and well maintained. It has bimini top and travel cover as well as Lawrance fishfinder.

So, this is my very nice early Christmas present, expecting even nicer one in January and getting ready for the next fishing season in the meantime. Just got the VHF radio and antenna as well. Now need to find two good electric riggers and.......salmon/eyes be ready ha ha ha :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing::clapping:

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

that is gorgeous,,,that is exactly what i am looking for,i have to ask how much,hope you don"t mind ..and how much does she way and one more question,,what are you using to haul it ,,how big the motor,,i have a 15 ft that is hauled by a 04 montana and it works great do you think it would be able to handle a boat that size....great looking boat

I'm thinking about your reference to an even nicer Christmas present. I gotta wonder what kind of truck would beat that beautiful boat.

Pa has an almost identical boat, with 115 Mariner and a 6 Evy, layout and proportions are the same. No bowmount for Pa as he's a troller. We've enjoyed many hours in that fine ride on Lake Ontario, Opeongo, and the Kawarthas. It pops in a hurry, can carry a ton of camping gear, and handles some large water.

Pa was describing the ride to Jim Booi, who kindly offered Pa free transport for the Lund to his lodge near Red Lake, and free storage and maintenance - free lodging while he wants to use it.

Truly deluxe, Emil, and I have a feeling that we're not quite done yet. I know you will do that beauty up right.

Thanks for your kind words guys.

Doug, been able to cary more camping gear is one of my main tasks with this boat.

But you are off target on the other present Bud. It is MUCH BIGGER then a truck ha ha....be patient you'll find out shortly after the New year arrives. :canadian:

Suzuki is two stroke.

No trailer brakes and it is about 23 feet as is now. I've already measured it (after removing my garage stair case) and with cutting the tongue and installing the swing tongue I have, it will fit perfect and allow me to close the door, so no more raccoons ha ha ha. It dives very easily though, much easier then my old 16' fiberglass. But when lifting the tongue it feels heavier then the old boat. And it stops well behind the Pathfinder. It is quite unusula ride though as it is wider/taller/longer then the Pathfinder and when on the Hwy often the trailer wheels cross the line while the Pathfinder is OK...so I have to get used to it before touching the car next to me ;-))

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Emil, I bet your present is much smaller than a truck, but way more expensive. It's not the purchase price, but the long term maintenance agreement.

On the less important topic, does this help?

WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION

Improper weight distribution can cause a trailer to "fishtail" (sway from side to side) as it moves down the highway, putting excessive strains on both towing vehicle and trailer, increasing gas consumption and sometimes causing an accident. The most effective way to guard against fishtailing is to make sure that the weight load on your trailer is properly distributed.

It is extremely important that 7 to 12% of the total weight of your loaded trailer should be felt at the trailer coupling ball when the tongue is parallel to the ground. A bathroom scale can be used in most cases to determine the weight on the trailer hitch ball. Check the information supplied by the trailer manufacturer to see if there is a specific percentage for your particular model. For example, if the gross weight of trailer, boat and gear is 1,500 pounds, the weight on the tongue should not be more than 180 pounds, nor less than 105 pounds. (Some auto manufacturers say that tongue weight should not exceed 200 pounds when using a weight- carrying hitch with full-size cars.)

If the weight down on the coupling ball does not fall within the proper range, you should take immediate steps to achieve it. If only a small adjustment is required, you may be able to solve the problem simply by shifting some of the gear from back to front or vice versa.

The importance of an adequate down load on the hitch ball cannot be overemphasized.

Note: TO AVOID "FISHTAILING" AND UPWARD SHOCK LOADS WHICH MAY CAUSE COUPLER FAILURE, 7 TO 12% OF THE TOTAL WEIGHT OF THE LOADED TRAILER MUST BE ON THE TRAILER HITCH BALL.

Edited by douG

Nice Fishing machine !!!! :w00t: and its a LUND. :worthy::worthy::worthy: ...now you have to get her all rigged out,and get her all ready for the spring !!! man its hard when you get a boat this late in the year and have to put her away into storage,it happened to me last year as well.great looking ,boatand it looks spotless,they sure took care of her,great decision to buy her,well done...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Doug,

you are much closer to the target this time my friend ;-)

And your quoted text is in the same spot (the target) as well.

As soon as I do all the CT certification formalities, licensing, plates, swing tongue....I'll take the boat to the 401 in Milton and ask those truck weight station to tell me what is the total trailer/boat/motors weight...then I'll do the bathroom scale test and hope I am within limits...it does feel much heavier on the tongue then the old boat but it is also much easier to pull with the Pathfinder...so I am a bit confused on this one....maybe the trailer/wheels/bearings are nicer/better hence the easier tow...?!!?

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Nice Fishing machine !!!! :w00t: and its a LUND. :worthy::worthy::worthy: ...now you have to get her all rigged out,and get her all ready for the spring !!! man its hard when you get a boat this late in the year and have to put her away into storage,it happened to me last year as well.great looking ,boatand it looks spotless,they sure took care of her,great decision to buy her,well done...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Thanks Bud.

I've already filed my application for acceptance in the Lund club with Wayne ha ha ha :clapping::thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Waiting on his approval shortly, so I can join the proud LUND owners :canadian:

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman