Marks on drywall (NF)

You can try the Magic Eraser first on it...we have small kids here all the time and that's the only thing we've found that works....I'm assuming it's marks on painted drywall?

This is what it looks like and is available almost everywhere (grocery stores, Canadian Tire, anywhere that sells household cleaners).

0530969_450_CC_6535b.jpg

Edited by ccmtcanada

is that good for matte paint? I know it works for glossy paint

We've used it on both....but check it in an inconspicuous spot first just to make sure. We've only tried it on lighter colour paint....not sure if it'll fade darker colours or not. If the spots are small then I would think it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

get a painter with good plaster skills...they patch and paint as they go and it all looks new at the end...our drywall looked like the buildings in Beirut Lebanon with skuffs, marks and chips from tonka trucks and other toys. (if you stood back the line of holes and marks looked like we were attacked by a three foot tall machine gunner LOL)

Edited by Kirk

Matte paint is pretty hard to stay on top of for scuff marks.

It may be worth your while to repaint using an eggshell finish at the very least if it is a high traffic area like a hallway or something.

I've found the magic erasers work to get rid of the scuffs, however they tend to leave a bit of a haze where they were used. At least on darker colors they seem to.

Cheers

Craig

RE: Magic Erasers.... don't let your kids near them! They release toxins that will really harm a child's skin, cause burns... never let kids use this product!

HH

This is an urban legend as noted in this link.....

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/eraser.asp

The product contains no toxins....it's in fact abrasive. and that's what caused the 'burns' on their skin...the same as if they rubbed sandpaper or steel wool on themselves.

Here's a website of the lady who's kid was 'burned'....if you read through it, the story was blown way out of proportion.

http://kerflop.com/2006/11/02/chemical-burn/

Edited by ccmtcanada

for 99cents you can get a can of comet .... that and a damp J-cloth will literally wipe away your scuffs ... dont be to harsh with it though so that you dont scour the paint right off your walls .... let me know how it works

J.

Edited by camillj

for 99cents you can get a can of comet .... that and a damp J-cloth will literally wipe away your scuffs ... dont be to harsh with it though so that you dont scour the paint right off your walls .... let me know how it works

J.

However for $2.99 you can buy a roll of duct tape. There is no child discipline challange that can't be solved with duct tape. That'll stop the marks on the walls. :devil::blush: