Quinte Nov 10-11

Grimace

Hello everyone, I haven't been around for a bit.

Me and the old man were back in action at Quinte again. This week-end was fruitful.

We arrived late Friday night launched the boat and got the room. I decided to throw in the line at Picton Harbour at midnight before I went to bed. 4 casts and I got a 10 pound eye. No pic as the camera was in the sonar bag in the room. Threw em back and went to bed.

Next Morning started trolling cranks just past the ferry and on the first pass I get this nice 12 lb 3 oz er. My new PB by half a pound.

IMG_1308.jpg

Then a couple passes later my father hooked into this 11 lb 10 ozer his new PB by a pound and a half.

IMG_1310.jpg

Then we continued to pick up a fish an hour for the rest of the day. Pretty good fishing, for the size.

The fish fought well compared to other years and seemed very spunky. Not seeming like the wet socks you tend to get.

IMG_1313.jpg

Cigars and walleye. Gotta love it.

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

The key seemed to be finding the scattered bait balls, I would think that means they are scattering for a reason and that being the walleye are feeding on them. Surface temps were around 50 and that is always a good sign. A charter dude said that last week he put his depth raider down 40 feet and it was still reading 55 like the surface.

Tight Bait. With some keen observers.

IMG_1326.jpg

Bait getting slaughtered by walleye.

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

Sunday started off slow no wind, sun came higher stirred up the wind and the old man was off to the races. He had the hot hand catching 5, and me, well none. At the end of the day we had a double header of big fish and lost them both. mine was better than 10 pounds and was lost boat side and we didnt see dads as it got of while he tried to net mine. Can't have your cake and eat it i guess.

IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

Amazing how small 3 and a half pounders look compared to the others. We kept the small ones for eating.

IMG_1357.jpg

A pound of delicious walleye

IMG_1360.jpg

We went into Picton bay flats for the latter fish and the lost double header. Fish were stacked after the wind change.

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

Anyway, the old man put a tuning on me Sunday, and we had a great week-end.

Fishing is looking good for you guys on the week-end. Go get em

Cheers

I spent alot of great years getting outfished by my Dad on Quinte and loved every minute of it. Good to see your still enjoying the time with YOUR Dad. :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for the excellent report, and adding the pictures of the sonar is a nice bonus !! Felt like I was along for the ride !!

Thx everyone.

I started taking the graph pics and gps pics so that I can put them in the fishing journal with a link to the pics. Should tell a lot such as water temp, where the fish were holding. I figure a journal in the computer with a link to a few telling pics could really bring back the memory and feel of the day along with the nuts and bolts information. I have no Idea yet for next spring Dano, there are just so many opportunities in our fine province it is baffling.

I think fishing with your father is even better when your a grown man than it was when you where a kid.

Cheers