No line ups at the launch ramp today ! LOL

irishfield

Well, Lew got lucky and he didn't have to shovel the 1400 foot laneway to meet me at the house!

lew1.jpg

But he did drive thru some wild stuff to get here. Leah was listening to the radio, while I got the boat ready, and called out to me in the hangar and said there was 60 accidents from Innisfil Beach Road North to Orillia and was worried Lew would get delayed...but I had faith. Lew was right on time!

We took the boat down the whole mile to the Midland launch...and i did have to shovel it (actually used the shovel to throw water on the snow to wash it away) Got the boat in and ready to go...no foot prints but our own..and nothing changed when we reloaded the boat after dark.

lew2.jpg

lew3.jpg

So we hit the bay and did the mandatory troll of the harbour. Lots of bait in that water in front of the elevators/town dock...but never seem to connect with any of the big hooks that accompany them.

lew4.jpg

Funny the difference a mile makes...This shot shows Midland Point snowless and it snowing pretty hard in Midland itself.

lew5.jpg

Definitely wasn't a 14 foot tinny day out there....

lew6.jpg

Honest he's happy...he really is .... lol

lew7.jpg

We viewed some beautiful scenery...when we could actually see it

lew8.jpg

Covered about 50 miles of water and endured some snow, sleet, wind..

lew9.jpg

lewa.jpg

And came up absolutely empty handed at the end of the day. Doesn't change the fact that we had a wonderful day on the water and no matter what it was better than Peter's day ! LOL Sorry Pete..couldn't resist!

This was the only traffic jam that we encountered comin home to re-load the boat.

lewb.jpg

Thanks again Lew...for another wonderful day on the water..and Lunch!

And sorry Andy.. the kid backed out on me this morning when he saw the weather! :dunno:

Edited by Spiel

Funny not to see the Turkeys on your lawn.Sure looks like you had a better day than us cause we were all working.

If Lew is happy he sure looks frosty.What no pics of the captain maybe you had a bad case of bed head :whistling:

Nice pics Wayne although I like my tiller you must enjoy the full protection of the roof and windshield.

:P

Nice pics WAS cold, and damm my E tec dont smoke like that lol JK,I gave up on the ski hunt for 07 I got 2 this fall and missed many, time to put the rest of my gear away

LOL 2 tone..that's just exhaust..they do it above water. Ask Glen what I think of the Etec. One of them rattling things was running at the dock when we launched on Saturday. I almost sprayed them with water, with my motor tilted up, as I couldn't hear my Verado running and I over rev'd it a tad!

Edited by irishfield

Funny not to see the Turkeys on your lawn.Sure looks like you had a better day than us cause we were all working.

If Lew is happy he sure looks frosty.What no pics of the captain maybe you had a bad case of bed head :whistling:

Nice pics Wayne although I like my tiller you must enjoy the full protection of the roof and windshield.

:P

No turkeys...but I almost pinged off two deer in the laneway coming home!

Another awesome day has come & gone Wayne, and as usual, it's always a pleasure to spend another day on the water with you. No fish this trip, but that's never mandatory for a good day of fish'n anyways.

It looked chilly out there, but it wasn't really as bad as it looked, infact I don't think I even put my coat on till about 2:00 or so when the temps started dropping again.

The drive from Penetang back to the Smoke this evening was a heck of a lot easier than the drive north at 6:00 this morning, cept for the fact that my cruise control decided to take a vacation :angry:...... Have to get that fixed tomorrow before I head to Windsor this weekend.

Here's a couple shots of the hiway up around Barrie about 7:00 this morning

Cnv2197.jpg

Cnv2199.jpg

Sorry Wayne, but I had a good shot of you in the boat , at least I thought I did, but it never showed up on the camera. :dunno: Oh well, I'll take 2 of you next time to make up for it.

Thanks again for another great day Wayne, the pleasure was all mine :thumbsup_anim:

Guest gbfisher

Could have been there by 6 if you called me at 4:30. :w00t:

Now thats fishin!! :clapping:

At least you didn't have to contend with this first thing....... :huh:

IMG_0193.jpg]

Looks like fun. :) lots of time to get another yet...

Stan the Musky man Nowacin is out on Friday.

85, two 20 hp mercs, 20' King boat. :Gonefishing:

I can only hope to be able to do that at his age. :D