Idiot Poachers Today

GbayGiant

I wasn't fishing today but was just talking to the MNR 30min ago at my parents store, he didn't give any details.

He said the guy was American, anyway the opp and MNR confiscated a black bear and his weapon, and gave him a $500 fine for a first offence.

I guess someone called it in, and when they (mnr/opp) got there this imbecile was still fishing in the river with a illegal black bear beside him in the boat. :rolleyes:

What are people thinking ? I guess some don't think at all. I think he got off easy, first offence is just a slap on the wrist I guess. I bet if he was catching any fish he would have kept over his limmit as well and who knows what else this clown would do.

This area is 80% Americans that hunt and fish, I wonder how many of them just do what ever they want because they think were just dumb Canadians and they think they can get away with it.

This area is 80% Americans that hunt and fish, I wonder how many of them just do what ever they want because they think were just dumb Canadians and they think they can get away with it.

Where I am, it's 80% Canadians who are fishing. I wonder how many of them just do what ever they want because they think were just dumb Canadians and they think they can get away with it.

Yes Canadians still break the laws too, but on a hunting/fishing vacation in another country you would think someone would respect the regulations, I wonder if this guy would have done the same at home ? Maybe, maybe not. I would have posted this regardless even if he was Canadian. Just stirring the pot. :D The American OFNERs are all good people. ;) I would feel the same way if a Canadian was poaching in the US.

That was the Yanks weapon Wayne. :)

gallery_322_261_16020.jpg

Edited by GbayGiant

WOW...........I know an awful lot of Americans and I can not say one of them was like anything that you are mentioning. You seem to paint all Americans with only one brush in your statement. I really do not think that American's should be labeled here but in fact the only person that did commit the offense should be the one mentioned.

Just like Americans think of us up here north of the border......... as Canadians are assisting terrorists and letting them into our country. Sometimes I really do not understand where people get their information from and how it gets twisted.

That individual that did shoot the bear obviously did something that is not sitting well with many people in the area. he should be the one being punished not all of USA.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Best regards,

Sam

I said " I wonder how many Americans do this ?" not, I think every American does this.

It was just a hypothetical question. Just to make it clear I don't have anything against any Americans for the record, other than this guy I was speaking of and any other poachers.

He was American and I made it clear in my post, that's true.

I apologize for offending anyone, that really wasn't my intention, I understand I should have singled out the poacher not an entire country.

Guest gbfisher

The 30.000 islands hold a good amount of Americans and have for a Very long time. The Area around Parry Sound, North to Manitoulin and right around to Owen Sound in great numbers. :D

Reminds me of the night I spent in jail in Superior Wisconsin. I'm sure the cops were thinking "damn Canadians". For the record, it was new years eve.

ok .. so was there a bear (and rubber gloves) involved ???? ... got me wonderin

It was a broken chair and a crowded hotel room. My room = my chair. Those fiberglass seats in the back of the cop cars aren't too comfortable. Especially when your hands are behind your back. An innocent lesson learned guys. Bad boys, Bad boys. Watcha gonna do???

I myself take a week trip every May up to Canada.......Quebec alot of years, Nippissing, etc.........and when i am there, ill throw that extra 10% into respecting the regualtions and the land, water etc........for the main reason that im in an unfamiliar area......and feel like I am indeed a guest. I follow the rules in my country 100%, and when im up in your house.......Its 110%, no assumptions are made.

There are definitely some generalizations out there from country to country........i dont take this one too personally as an American as it is somewhat benign. And as was stated, it wasnt intended. But there are some pretty rough generalizations out there that go both ways. Heck, theres a radio show here in Buffalo that used to have a canadian arrest report after the Bills games on monday morning pointing out how many canadians came to the game and got cuffed. All in fun, (in the radio shows eyes) but still.......it was ridiculous. Didnt mention the squad cars full of drunken americans that got arrested at the game lol. Theres alot of people that are sour about canadians coming down to a particular steelhead river down here and like to single them out as meat hunters and egg rapers. Again.........TOTAL idiocy and a VERY small minority that feel that way. But it exists and its unfortunate. Ive heard of us yanks being considered as pistol toting, war hungry animals......LOL, and i dont know one person who owns a handgun........and know that a vast MAJORITY do no support current war efforts. LOL. So generalizations are just that......stereotypes are just that. Thats all

I'm pretty new here so maybe Im not getting something , what I understand so far is an American bear and A Canadian (or was the bear asian and the man was taking him out deaper so he could push him into the water ??) go fishing after a bills game and the co tickets the guy for drinking and driving ? No ones said anything about the walleye in the cooler being a 1/64th of an inch over slot limit and was a WHITE BUCKET INVOLVED ???

Well said blaque,i am very good friends with some great american fishermen and they are like us and obey the rules,as i would do the same south of the border,idiots can be from anywhere,you cant single them all out.but i understand what you meant appoligey accepted....cheers

IM FROM THE US I FISH CAN ABOUT 80% US 20% IN THE LOWER RIVER YOU CANT TELL ME ALL BOATS ON BOTH SIDES HAVE THE RIGHT LICENCE ON THE GRAND HAVE SEEN PEOPLE UN LOAD THERE CATCH AND COME BACK LAST YEAR I SAW A CHARTER AT QUINTE WITH AT LEAST 10 WALLEYES OVER 25 INCHS THE GUY WITH THE BEAR JUST GOT CAUGHT ITS TOO BAD IT HAPPENS EVERY DAY

I think it's just the way he said it, might make it sound insulting

but

maybe some of them read the threads here and know there are so few COs out there and they only have gas for the truck one day a week and their patrol areas have tripled , so what are the chances of getting caught these days