Ice'n Report

icewalker28

The temps have been very cold here the last week and the lakes are starting to freeze over. I was joined by a fellow board member Ben and we headed out for a fish. We found 4-5" of good black ice. This is just a small lake that froze over last weekend.

We ended with 2 pike and they were caught on a Fat Boy micro jig and a waxie. We are treking out tomorrow and giving it another shot.

Cheers

DSC006881.jpg

DSC006891.jpg

DSC006871.jpg

Ah.. Sweet! It was a pleasure getting out with you today IW28. Maybe tomorrow I can even catch a fish :)

At least it was a good day to dust off the old ice gear and break in some new equipment.

Should also mention we scouted a few other lakes in the North Bay area and they were a NO GO! 2+ inches on the first hole close to shore so we stayed off.

now you've gone and done it

I now have to run around the house and put together all my ice fishing stuff

then sit and wait for good ice down here

great to see people getting out

only a few more weeks till THE TRIP Terry! Hold on! but ya would be nice to get out before that!

How many inches up there?

You're talking about ice right? lol.

We punched a hole in a bay on Trout lake and it was only about 2" so we left it be. The lake we did fish on had 3-5" depending on what part of the lake. Nice solid ice for the most part too.

TechnaGirl - hopefully you can figure out how to use the Auger cause you're punchin your own holes tomorrow!

Edited by trapshooter

thanks for one of the first ice fishing reports :thumbsup_anim::santa: i see you guys are in north bay,i also heard there is small lakes in bancroft where the guys are already fishing for splake on about 4-7 inches of ice...its comming here to just not yet :blink::glare: down here in the south its just the waiting game

Made it out today with IceWalker28 and trapshooter... 1st time icefishing for me ever! We had a blast, it took me a while but I finally learned that each person gets their own hole to fish through! Who would have thought!? I had a nibble, Ben lost his lure (Pike bit it off), but we didn't catch anything..... maybe next time!

Here's me gettin a line in the water...

northbaywinter004or3.jpg

And Ben (trapshooter)... nice new floater suit!!! wow wow wee wow!

northbaywinter003as0.jpg