Unbelievable Night of Fishing on Long Point Bay

Rich

Sleded and I headed out to test our new musky rods this afternoon on long Point Bay. After launching in Port Rowan it was a quick, calm ride out about 2 miles to the weed flats where pike frequent. For some reason, maybe the fact that the weeds weren't so dense, I decided to troll to start. It took about 10 minutes of trolling and I was into the biggest pike I've ever landed in Long Point Bay. No idea on weight or length but it was well over 40 inches for sure. She hit on the good old black/orange 1 1/2 oz spinnerbait trolled at about 2mph.

DSC00555.jpg

What a fight! Visions of musky danced through my head upon first hooking her, but up came this pike. A true trophy for LPB and I must say it's something I'm proud of. Thank you sleded for putting the grip on her at boatside!

After a little more trolling we couldn't take it anymore so we decided to cast. Sleded put on a firetiger Williams Wobbler and it wasn't long before he was into a decent pike.

DSC00558.jpg

I began casting a white Mepps Musky Killer on one of my bass rods for a while when suddenly at boatside, kaboom, another pike on. This one just a little guy, but still full of fight!

DSC00560.jpg

I put back on the musky spinnerbait and began casting and before the night was over I was into two more clones almost back to back.

DSC00561.jpg

DSC00562.jpg

A few more missed pike and it was getting dark. We had to enjoy the fall sunset over the bay.

DSC00563.jpg

We then switched our focus to topwater bass hunting. We just couldn't hook up. We tossed buzzbaits and Jitterbugs and had about 5 blow-ups from half decent bass, but like I said, we couldn't hook em. Trailer hooks would have probably solved the problem.. but we were just relaxing.. not trying too hard.

After a couple of hours of tossing topwaters it was time to head in. What a night!

DSC00564.jpg

Thanks Sleded for finally escaping the wife for a night of fishing!