Best Fish Of 2006

bucktail

heres a couple from this year...

First salmon of the year. While fishing off the pier around 2:30 am i managed to fall and pull some tendents in my leg, doesnt look like it by the way i am in the picture.

DSC00079.jpg

PB steelhead. first pic doesnt do the justice, the fish calculator put her at approximately 13lbs

DSC00156.jpg

Edit.jpg

nice smallie from my sudbury trip

DSC00069.jpg

stinky salmon

trib1.jpg

and last but not least, some dirtyyyyy undies!!!!!! wOOOHHOOOOOO

dirtyundies.jpg

....Well I didn't really get out much this year but some of the highlights that made the year for me were fishing with IceguyD (as well as his wife and his buddy Bob) and Aaron Shirley.

It was IceguyD (Don) who extended an invitation to Aaron and I to join him for a day on Simcoe ice. Suffice to say it was a great day.

med_gallery_9_87_70654.jpg

Aaron wasted no time in tagging the first whitey of the day.

med_gallery_9_87_12055.jpg

Don's buddy Bob also did well.

med_gallery_9_87_33014.jpg

While I never did get a whitey I did manage a couple of nice lakers.

med_gallery_9_87_27564.jpg

and Don who missed a few opportunities finally gets one..... ;)

It was a great day!

Of course there were other great outings like the winter trip I took to Lakair with TEP to fish with TJ and Kevin as well as the G2G in June. I'm sure most have seen or read about those adventures.

But it was a trip in September I took with TEP to the Thunder Bay region that highlights my year. No trophies for me but some PB's were definitely caught. I'd been trying for a few years to accept an invitation from Dan and Sis to get my tail up there and thanks to some arm twisting from TEP, it finally happened. The inability of me to set a new personal best can't take anything away from the thrill of trip. Watching TEP catch his first brookie on the first evening was awesome.

med_gallery_9_87_42638.jpg

Congrats Jef!

And again being there with Dan to net and photograph this beauty when he caught it are the thing dreams are made of for me.

Danspeck3.jpg

gallery_9_87_18063.jpg

You know I'll be back Dan and Sis, it's all your fault. :)

On this trip I aslo had the chance to fish Musky for my first tiem and while it didn't produce my first Musky, Jef was an absolute stellar and patient guide, but man is he addicted. we'll get 'em next year Buddy!

And thanks to all who have posted, I've enjoyed reading the posts and viewing the pictures. Boy there are some amazing pictures!

Ya, I had a great year. I didn't break any Personal best but i still had a great year.

Did a lot of exploring on Lake Nipigon and took some chances too I guess. To get this Buck and the following Hen in the same day was worth it.

2006PB01.jpg

2006PB02.jpg

Pulling guys like this through the ice is by far the most enjoyable.

2006PB03.jpg

Mind you, tangling into double digits of Lakers on 6lb and ultra lights is a hoot too. WE musta caught over 40 Lakers that day.

2006PB04.jpg

Well I guess I did get a PB this year, my PB Kawartha Muskie.

2006PB05.jpg

And my first St. Clair Muskie, I really admire the colors of them from this lake.

2006PB06.jpg

I would rather tangle into these monster Drum more than I would the Trophy Walleyes.

2006PB07.jpg

2006PB08.jpg

Jumbo Perch makes for a "Kid in a Candy Store" kinda day too.

2006PB09.jpg

The best thing about tossing big lures? Catching BIG FISH!

2006PB10.jpg

Edited by Ron

Caught most species of freshwater sportfish in Ontario this year, no PB's however.

This is probably the most interesting fish for me from this year.

IMG_0014_2.jpg

Spat up by a 12 inch brook trout.

First time in 30 years i've seen a Rainbow Darter. Sign of a healthy Lake Ontario trib.

ehg

Well I can't compare to most of you guys but I have a fun little story. I moved to the GTA with the northerner mentality that there's no point in trying to fish "the big city". Most of the people I met at work said "fishing? in toronto? yeah, if you want to catch a fish with three eyes". Anyways, I met a SOLID DUDE at work, (fishnsled) who told me about OFC. I checked it out, read some posts, got some tips from the great people of this board and WHAMO - before I knew it was having an awesome summer fishin' right here in Mississauga!

So to the newbies, you're in the right spot and to the Vet's of OFC - thanks and good luck in 2007!

the picture does it no justice but this smallie was a solid 17 incher

smallie.jpg

First of a species!! at least 7 or 8 lbs, I had never even seen a sheepshead before, and man I don't care what anybody says about them, they give up a heck of a fight!

drum.jpg

There's no lack of monster carp in Port Credit!!!

carp_2.jpg

carp.jpg

4lb eye

eye.jpg

New species and PB salmon!

salmon.jpg

Cheers!