River Fishing...(Pic Heavy)

tip-up

It's been a little while since I have been active here and put up a report so I guess it's time to do a it of catchin' up to do :whistling:

The lakes and small ponds have been on fire this season but not like the river. Brookies and lakers have been a bit elusive this year and the numbers have not been like they have been in the past...That's for another post though :D I have put a lot of time on the river lately with my brother trying to find ''Bigger'' fish(Bass) spots for the tournaments on that stretch next year...We went into a few blind this season and didn't do to well B) That certainly changed over the last couple of weeks as we found a great pattern for smallies and deep weedline largemouth.

Here are some of the fish I got into to give you an idea on how the fishing has been :D ..The pic with the pike and walleye...they were caught on the same rig..

DSCF0120.jpg

Aug19cottage034.jpg

Aug19cottage030.jpg

Aug19cottage022.jpg

Aug19cottage015.jpg

Aug19cottage008.jpg

Aug19cottage004.jpg

CottageAug5024.jpg

CottageAug5016.jpg

DSC00228.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

DSCF0028.jpg

DSCF0032.jpg

000_0180.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0002-1.jpg

DSCF0176.jpg

DSCF0179.jpg

DSCF0170.jpg

AdvetureWeekendJune1010.jpg

AdvetureWeekendJune1001.jpg

DSCF0115.jpg

DSCF0134-1.jpg

DSCF0135.jpg

DSCF0124.jpg

Solo shots and close-ups

DSCF0134-2.jpg

DSCF0135-1.jpg

Aug19cottage032.jpg

Aug19cottage026.jpg

Aug19cottage020.jpg

CottageAug5023.jpg

CottageAug5019.jpg

AdvetureWeekendJune1029.jpg

DSCF0118-1.jpg

DSCF0116.jpg

DSCF0136-1.jpg

DSCF0131.jpg

DSCF0119.jpg

000_0128.jpg

DSCF0106-1.jpg

-Andrew

Edited by tip-up

Well i prefer live bait for my worm harnesses...all the way,i guess its a matter of which one you have confidence with.....all the walleyes i have caught dont seem to complain either.. :clapping::w00t: .LOL..LOL.. and as it stands i have caught JUST ABOUT EVERY DIFFERENT FISH SPECIES ON A DEW WORM....from lake trout to fish in the ocean,they always work,always....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Thanks for the comments guys.

HeadHunter, the year is not over yet :clapping:

Fishindevil, you bet those walleye tasted great :D Just found a great new recipe for crappies too.

Frozen-fire, I caught my PB at a tad over 14'' this season. I'm sure there are a few 13''ers in those pics.

Roy, There is some amazing places to fish on the stretch of the river my cottage is on. We are about 20min from Pembroke, 1hour30minutes from Ottawa. Got to love fishing a river all summer with hardly no boats around ya at all during the weekdays. Weekend traffic is not that bad either suprisingly for such a big river. Were pretty much yanking these fish out of timber of rock pilings the whole time. The water is deeper and colder unlike the Lower Ottawa where your fishing heavy slop and thick weeds for buckets.

I can't go on without putting up a few photos of my fishing partner and younger brother Anthony or as some of you know him as, Jig-Head from old reports I have put up. We grew up together holding a fishing rod in our hand.

DSCF0125.jpg

DSCF0121.jpg

Aug19cottage037.jpg

Aug19cottage029.jpg

Aug19cottage019.jpg

Aug19cottage009.jpg

Aug19cottage006.jpg

Aug19cottage005.jpg

000_0182.jpg

DSCF0180.jpg

DSCF0175.jpg

AdvetureWeekendJune1033.jpg

AdvetureWeekendJune1004.jpg

Dad with a few..he's more of a trout guy

DSCF0029-2.jpg

DSCF0030.jpg

AdvetureWeekendJune1003.jpg

-Andrew B-C

Guest Johnny Bass

Very, Very Impressive. We have some really talented young anglers on this board. I am sure you will do well in the tournaments. I too want to get into tournaments, but I want to fish for a few years rather than go blind, so I can learn the lakes. You are going up against some guys that were born on the lakes and rivers and know people that know people that know people that have been fishin the lakes for decades. So you need to do your homework....

Good Luck!