Another fish'n moron

lew

It never fails to amaze me how many ignorant people we have to share our lakes with.

I really enjoy fishing this time of year, specially thru the week as there are very few others on the water and it's a nice change from the congested waters of the summer months, and normally we don't have to fight for spots.

Cory & I were lookin for muskies on Upper Buckhorn on Monday and basically had the entire lake to ourselves, 'cept for one other boat that was about 1000' away from us. We were working our way along a nice weedline, adjacent to an island and I had a blowup from a decent musky but missed her. We continued to work the area, about 75' out from shore and just off the weedline, when here come the ignoramous in the blue/white boat.

Guess he was lonely in his spot.........waaaaaaay over there..........and decided it would be a friendly gesture on his part to move in beside us and keep us company. Sure enuff, he comes around the corner, stops his boat and drops anchor DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF US, not more than 150' away and tosses out his bobber with about 20' of line so that it was over the edge of the weedline and right across the path that we were working. :angry:

Upper Buck is a HUGE lake and we were the only 2 boats visible !!!!!

I wasn't about to change my strategy and continued my casting as always and soon my large Sledge was landing all around his boat and I even put a couple right beside his bobber, but he still didn't get the hint.

I held my course and eventually he had to crank in his bobber or lose it, and we passed within 4' of his boat.

He was a very friendly moron though, and as we were just about to rub elbows, he actually wished us a "Good Day"

He never did seem to be fazed by what happened and continued on with his fishing as we disappeared over the horizon and I spose he was there for the duration and wondering why I was so ignorant as to disturb his quest for the monster perch he seemed so determined to catch.

Idiots.........

Edited by lew

Guest mistyriver1

Lew, that's the same reason I won't fish Simcoe on the weekends in the summer anymore. Way too many idiots like that !!! I don't get it, like you say they've got the whole lake and they've got to come up beside you :wallbash:

I've got to admit though, your story made me chuckle :lol:

Good for you for continuing on your path though. That Sledge must have scared the

s**t out of him ;)

I can only assume that since this guy seemed pleasant to talk to, he didn't realize that your intention to follow a weedline would take your troll right past his boat. I wonder if he went home and told his wife about this guy that just kept coming at him until they almost crashed. Two boats on the entire lake, etc.

He apparently is suffering from the "They Must Be Catching Something Over There, So I'm Going There" lack of etiquette virus. I've seen it personally many, many times.

Though I suppose he may have figured that he has just as much right to be there as you. And who knows...maybe you were on "his" spot for 'skis. More likely, he was just clueless about your direction along the weedline.

Either way, he should have displayed some courtesy.

douG speaks good sense. 150 FT. Hell thats along ways away Lew.

If he was an ignoranus,he would of been yelling at you not being friendly. Anchor and bobber and weedline.; Sounds like good walleye area.

150' may seem like a long ways off to some folks, but that's only 2 casts away, and in my circle of fishing friends it's considered both ingnorant and inconsiderate to move right on top of another fisherman who's already working a spot, especially on a big wide open lake with plenty of other spots to fish until the desired location is vacated by the person who is already there.

I couldn't count the number of times I've gone down a lake to a favorite fishing hole only to find another angler is already there, so I move on to another spot till that location becomes available.

Setting up shop directly in front of someone who's already working a location may seem kosher to some folks, but in my mind it's nothing more than ignorance and shows a total lack of courtesy to anyone else who may be on the lake.

Course, some fishermen also think it's OK to toss their garbage all over the boat ramp too.....

I can only assume that since this guy seemed pleasant to talk to, he didn't realize that your intention to follow a weedline would take your troll right past his boat. I wonder if he went home and told his wife about this guy that just kept coming at him until they almost crashed. Two boats on the entire lake, etc

as usual, dOUG is on something...I mean onto something. Some people are so clueless this guy probably thought he did nothing wrong. Why they wouldn't go behind you (water you've already fished) is beyond me.

Lew I dont know how to say this without making it sound rude but,IT AINT YOUR LAKE.Yes maybe it was ignorant to you,but maybe not to the other fella. What you and your CIRCLE concider musky throwing length cast maybe. I can see if the guy stopped a few feet from you,but 150. Man thats a bit far to be worried about.

As for the garbage comment,get over it.I just pick it up and trash it. Can solve the worlds problems.

as usual, dOUG is on something...I mean onto something. Some people are so clueless this guy probably thought he did nothing wrong. Why they wouldn't go behind you (water you've already fished) is beyond me.

Rizzo,would you follow behind a guy in used waters?LOL

Lew, sure it's not ideal but what would the magic number be? 300', 500', 1000'?

I could see your point if he started his drift 150' ahead of yours... for tossing a bobber, I don't think it warrents the "fish'n moron" tag.

-Brian

Edited by SlowPoke

Had a great day fishing with ya Lew. Can’t wait to do it again once I get some of them fancy pro patches on my fancy fishing shirt.

Let me just add this to what Lew has said. We were fishing the side of an Island and buddy was anchored on one of the points. We passed by the guy and setup working the weedbed along the island. When we got to the other end of the Island buddy motored on in and anchored in front of us. I’m sure he knew what we were doing and what he was doing.

I almost felt sorry for the bugger until I saw him reel up a second line and put the rod away. Anywho, gotta love some of the posters on this board….or not.

Guess you just had to be there not reading about it on a “fishing” board.

I wasn't about to change my strategy and continued my casting as always and soon my large Sledge was landing all around his boat and I even put a couple right beside his bobber, but he still didn't get the hint.

I held my course and eventually he had to crank in his bobber or lose it, and we passed within 4' of his boat.

He was a very friendly moron though, and as we were just about to rub elbows, he actually wished us a "Good Day"

:dunno:

This Cory was a fulltime, long time member.His count would be up there in the high 1000,s.With that said,he,s ok,just gets confussed at times.LOL

Hims just peeved I didnt send him any wizzles worms.HEHEHEHE Buddy it,s the way it is being put here and the actions Lew took. I think more to the point here. He was just as wrong as the other fella if the other fella was really wrong.

Casting at the guy and not explaining to the fella your concern.

Time to run,I hear Roy coming with the lock and chain. :whistling::whistling:

Edited by misfish

He was just as wrong as the other fella if the other fella was really wrong.

Casting at the guy and not explaining to the fella your concern.

Time to run,I hear Roy coming with the lock and chain

Now you are in deeeeep sh***t Brian, but you won't be alone :thumbsup_anim::D . I'm with you :thumbsup_anim: