Oldest boy did it!!

fatherof3

Took the oldest boy down to fish tonight.After his reel failing him the other day I told him I would hook one and hand him my rod.We got down there and it was a perfect evening.

100_0494.jpg

Not even 5 minutes after we started I got a fish on.I handed him the rod and stood back.I offered suggestions as he went and I have to say he did a great job.He let it run when it wanted to and held it when he should.I was very impressed with how he fought this fish.Here is some pics throughout the fight ending with one very happy young man.

100_0484.jpg

100_0485.jpg

100_0486.jpg

100_0487.jpg

100_0488.jpg

100_0489.jpg

100_0490.jpg

100_0491.jpg

100_0492.jpg

100_0493.jpg

After that it was my turn and go figure that was the only fish of the night.I don't care,I caught plenty of carp this week and this night was about him.He loved fighting a bigger fish and wants more.

Tell your son way to stick it out. Eventually the big one comes and for him it was tonight. Great pics of him reeling it in dad. I find that when my kids start to get bored or discouraged I take the rod and once I hook one I then give them the rod to reel it in. Next thing you know they are fishing again.

Congrats to your son. Keep up the good work.

WTG on the water... Nice to see you continually allow your children to be involved in the great sport... everyone knows a kid on the water is better than a kid on the street and its better for him to be addicted to something like that than anything else... thats the way I explain it anyway!!!