Photo Help Needed Urgently!

Gerritt

ok most of you know about my sons allergies and with them come eczema as well as asthma... we took a bunch of shots for xmas that we would like to send to family... but in them his skin looks way worse then what is normally is...

I need you photo gurus to help me fix it if possible to get rid of the redness :)

Picture026.jpg

thanks in advance guys...

I can email you the original file 1.65 mb... if you are able to fix it... pm me your email :)

Gerritt

Edited by Gerritt

TG it is the redness in his face we are trying to resolve...while my son is perfect to us... we would like to have something that looks a little cleaner to send to family, alot of the time his face is potted with scabs and blisters... While we know he what he is... He a vibrant young little man and Stubborn!! like his dad... but some people cant see though his condition and constantly ask questions... and personally we are tired of answering them... especially from the older members of our families ;) it is something he will/should grow out of...

Gerritt.

Terry's your man here Gerritt. I can make the original photo a little better if I had to but I don't do photo alterations. I'm sure that Terry will fix you up real good when he gets things back together again. In fact, I'm sure that you'll be amazed.

Guys please dont get me wrong... I love my son more then anything on gods great earth. We deal with his issues daily. We just dont want others to worry any more then they already are.. we are not trying to sugarcoat anything.. just want to make him look like he does when he has his good days..

Here is an example of one of his good days...

DSC00772.jpg

They look like two totally different children :) but I assure you they are the same... just turns out that his allergies are acting up... so I would like to clean the xmas pics up a bit... and trust me.. when his skin is not bothering him he is delightful.. :) right now he is a handful lol

thanks for understanding guys... it is hard to see him like this right now.. as there is little we can do for him other then ask to stop trying to scratch his face off...

Gerritt.

Hey Gerrit the term is "airbrushing" and is quite common on most of the photos you see in the magazines and other printed media. It is used when skin blemishes appear or even when the light hits a feature wrong and exagerates a shadow or colorment. I have cured a ton of red eye and lightened and darkened photos to make them closer to real life and what a beautiful item or scene can look like.

Happy Holidays

Art

Hey guys I would like to thank everyone for their help in getting this put together..

FishFinder & Rick a HUGE thank you.. I have ordered the prints based on your guys work...

I wish you and yours all the best this holiday season.

Gerritt.

Gerritt,

If you're looking to try different remedies for what is "likely" a type of dermatitis partly related to your sons developmental stage, but, could be a hereditary or environmental issue here are my thoughts.

Your son is teething I can see. If he is a thumb sucker, finger biter or blanket in mouth while sleeping drooler, he is keeping moisture to the outside of his face longer than normal, and, because "babies skin is sensitive" (like the commercials so truthfully say) he is causing either a contact dermatitis, heat rash, a fungal type of dermatitis very much like diaper rash, or, a combination of all.

Either that, or he has eczema (often hereditary form of dermatitis)

First and easiest medical treatment is.....

Vaseline or any Glaxal based ointment applied sparingly to the face a few times daily.

If no relief see your family doctor and they may possible prescribe creams or ointments with hydrocortisone. Cortate is a commonly used medication for dermatologic conditions. It is not an OTC medication so you will likely need a prescription. Anything med treatments like this and you should always see your doctor first. I do not know your sons medical history, they should, and they should know what is safe.

Some new things are on the market, other advice can be given, but, I can't get into any trouble with this public and common medical advice posted here. I don't need my butt sued if things don't work out.