jelly fish?????

mistaredone

I was out fishing Lake Baptiste last Monday on calm clear waters and spotted many quarter size jelly fish swimming around?????? I have never heard of a fresh water jelly fish befor. Is this an alien spices? or have they always been there and im too busy watching my spinner?

No clue if it's invasive or not. I remember fishing one small lake which is part of the Credit river system...Can't remember the name of the place. Saw thousands of mini quarter sized (and smaller) jellies moving around and pulsating like the ones on the discovery channel.

I was talking to jjcanoe yesterday and he said he caught one last week. I don't know if he has a picture or not but he was going to make some inquiries about it. He may chime in here with some info.

"Hey boys, the jellyfish are hittin!"

-Brian

First time I ever noticed them was on the Pickerel River near Port Loring about thirty some years ago. I've seen them other places since though. Seems they come to the surface just at a certain time of year.

While they look like jelly, they are very crunchy and a delicassie in China

A good friend of mine (Chinese) got married in Vancouver last year. I was out there for a few days, and let me tell you, his family had me eat every "delicassie" imaginable, including the jelly fish! Quite an experience, I ate everything, and most of it was pretty good! Not sure I'd ask my wife to fry up some fish heads or chicken feet, but when in Rome...