Newfoundland Vacation (Pics)

Basskicker

Well I just got back from the 'Rock'.....spent 2 weeks there. Simply amazing....I forgot how beautiful this place was. My sister got married so it was pretty hectic the first 5 days. After all the chaos of the wedding my fiancee and myself left for the Northern Peninsula of Newfoundland for some sight seeing. The scenery is absolutely breath taking....the pictures don't do any justice. Newfoundland scenery is so diverse depending on which part of the Rock you visit.

There are so many moose in Newfoundland that it's dangerous to be driving at night.

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

The first night away we stayed at a beautiful lodge at Big Falls (salmon river)

IMG_0546.jpg

Unfortunately you need a guide to fish the salmon rivers in Newfoundland (very costly) so I didn't do any salmon fishing, but we saw several fish jumping at the falls....pretty cool.

IMG_0547.jpg

The second night we stayed at a small B&B in Rocky Harbour and went to the hotel for some Newfoundland entertainment and music. Some more beautiful scenery along the way.

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

The next morning we went on a boat tour for 2 1/2 hours into an inland fjord. Definately the highlite of our trip.

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

I took 291 pictures of our trip.....so I don't want to bore you with so many, but here some pics from the rest of our trip. These are from the Grand Lake area....my old stomping grounds. I wanted to show my fiancee some of the back country that are not in the tourist guide books

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

I have so many pics.....but that's enough. If you ever have the opportunity to visit the Rock....go for it...you won't be disappointed.

Jason

OMG... breath taking Pictures... Thank you, so much, for sharing them.....

I've always wanted to visit the Rock........ someday and I will. you've just given me a little more encouragement.... :D

My brother-in-law say's he will be MY guide... I'm to pick him up on the way by...... lol

You both look like you were havin a great time.....

Wow...the pics were incredible...hard to imagine how much better it was up close and personal. Looked like an awesome trip Jason...a real deserved break from work! Glad to see you did get some fishing in (your BOQ report). Talk to you soon....we gotta fish for more bass again soon...LOL.

Hey Basskicker. I almost laughed at the first two pics. I thought they were the same pic with the Moose lying in ambush under the warning sign. You folks have some extremely beautiful country up there. You ain't gonna bore us with more pics ... would love to see PART 2, PART 3, etc.

Guest Johnny Bass

Canada sure has some scenic coastline! I think the newfies should consider eating some moose with their fish and chips. :whistling:

Thanks for posting!

Hey Sinker, I only made it up as far as Daniels Harbour.....planned on sneaking into one of the brookie ponds I once visited as a kid, but unfortunately I didn't have the time and the weather was simply horrible. It rained every day for the last 8 days I was there.....there's a old saying 'If you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes, It'll change'

Fish Farmer, actually I flew down (direct flight) into my home town Stephenville and rented a vehicle. It's cheaper to fly then drive during the summer months.....but then you miss out on the ferry. Quite an experience when the seas get rough. And yes, the hospitality of Newfoundlander's is unbeatable!!!

Jason