Laker ate walleye

Tomcat

Six of us ventured into north western Quebec 11-17 Aug for some walleye and lake trout fishing. One of my colleagues landed this real nice 12 pound laker.

131087.jpg

However, much to his surprise, when he opened the lakers mouth to remove the hooks, he was staring at the tail of a 16 inch walleye (that's all that was left whole) attached to the entire intact backbone.

131086.jpg

During the same trip, I was lucky enough to see a Black Bear with 3 cubs - a rarity to see for sure. Sorry that the pic isn't in complete focus. I was out at 12 X optical in a moving boat.

131054.jpg

Edited by Tomcat

GREAT DISCOVERY !!!!!!! :clapping::clapping: i have known that lakers ate walleyes,but i have never seen any while i have been cleaning trout,but people i know have....so to acually see a walleyes tail sticking out of that lakers mouth is so cool.....it goes to show you that lakers will hit big,big lures when presented right....thanks for showing us that,oh ya nice laker as well. :w00t: ...great colors on him too....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: