Fastest Bass Boat?

jedimaster

Ok so after some chatting over some beers, I am trying to find the fastest production Bass boat.

Now when I say production I mean from the factory, not a stripped down hull with a custum made Drag engine. I mean from the factory with factory options.

Allison? Stroker? Bullet? They all claim to be the fastest in one article or another.

i guess with cars, its cool to see them doing 200km/hr+ but atleast its on the racetrack, whereas boats, they tend be in public waters, so they are almost like them street racers that the police are trying to crack down on, IMO.

nothing annoys me more then those guys zooming past me, sending wakes at me, and making me jealous in my 14ft tinny.. lol

Agree, with the Bullet. Had the pleasure of being in a 21 footer with a 250 Merc going at well over 90 mph with a qualified boat test driver.Virtually almost no wake. I have seen many smaller and slower boats throwing off more wake than the one I was in.

Guest lundboy

Bullet or Allison are pretty equal. Fastest production boats if you buy them with the maxed out HP lightest engine available. The hulls are so precisely blueprinted that most other performance bass boats try to copy them.

Heres a few good links to articles:

http://www.bwbmag.com/output.cfm?id=1122481

http://www.bwbmag.com/output.cfm?id=943579

http://www.bwbmag.com/output.cfm?id=1059625

Champion had one back in the late 90's with twin 350 engines on it. They said it was the fastest ever made. Nobody was brave enough to push the throttle all the way down. The bravest one stopped at about 120mph on the GPS. Why you'd ever need a boat that fast is beyond me, unless you're trying to kill people.

The only time I was in a boat and wished I had a seatbelt on was in our niece's husband's Stratos (21 ft?) with a 250 Mercury going 80 mph...

Cripes, I thought we were going to take off and fly... :glare:

Again... sometimes it is best to continue at your current rate of speed then it is to slow down....by slowing down you create more wake then if you just just kept on truckin' ..... a simple law of forces/friction and gravity are at play... I mentioned it in Lew's thread.... less boat in the water pushing less water equates to less displacement of water therefor less Wake.... or displacement of energy...Slow down... and your displacing more water...

kinda like throwing a pebble in a pond... Vs.... Throwing a boulder...

Sound about right douG?

Ohhhh... Almost forgot... wear your PFD for Jesus Aged Christ!

Gerritt.

:thumbsup_anim:

I,ll take one of these please.

:whistling::Gonefishing:

38TE_mn.jpg

Another boat out there not mentioned and have heard they are fast aswell is the Bass Cat.

Bass cat

Bass Cat received the highest numerical score among fiberglass bass boats in the proprietary J.D. Power and Associates 2007 Boat Competitive Information StudySM. Study based on 12,140 total responses, and measures 6 bass boat brands and owner opinion of 2005 and 2006 model year boats registered June 2005-May 2006. Includes fiberglass performance bass boats 16+feet that typically use larger outboards. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed September-October 2006.

Edited by misfish

In terms of production line boats (so to speak - since neither Bullet, Allison or Stroker is what I would consider a mass product - more of a niche custom boat line), I'm pretty sure the Allison has it. But if you've seen them, you can see why. Very narrow and they are super light. The Bullet and Stroker both seems like a better fishing layout and is still very very fast.

Let's face it, 30 mph can still be dangerous to a novice driver. It's about seat time and common sense.

On plane a bass boat throws less wake than a tin can at 30 mph. I've owned both and had both perform "fly bys" and there is no doubt the tin can is worse because the fly by (usually through the area I'm fishing) lasts longer and causes more wake.

Charles

One of my friends had a Triton that would do 84mph gps speed, like a 225 or 250 on it. Just doesn`t impress me a lot, to be competetive in tournaments it helps to be able to reach spots quickly but seems like overkill and driven by sponsers in a quest to get people to spend more money. The tournaments would still be fun if they had a 60hp limit, the idea is to see who is the best fisherman not the fastest?

Just my opinion that money eliminates competition not increases it.

Not considering safety of yourself and others is something seen at every single bass tournament I have ever been in.

Every derby has a half the field tearing down the lake full throttle. Get there first and stay out there last.

Thats why Bass boats are built for speed.

Not saying its safe to drive 100+mph in a bass boat, but just that they do, and was wondering if anyone knew what the fastest is.

I have been in an XB 2002 with a 175 and it did 80 no problem with two guys full tank of gas and fullt tourney load. Only boat faster down the lake happened to be a 300hp bullet, but we wern't full throttle and he jumped us off the line.

The bullet hull weighs about 500 or 600 more pounds than the allison and the Allison's have a faster hull speed from what I have read. The Strokers also have a faster hull speed than the bullets.

40mph is ok, 50 - 60 is good, 70 is as fast as you need to go to be in the first half dozen down the lake, anything over 90 is for bragging rights only. 100+ and you serisouly have a death wish.

Even at 90mph down the lake in a tourney I have never seen anyone wearing a helmet, life jacket yes, helmet never seen one. I mean lets all be realistic its fine to say this and that, but everyone knows darn well when the horn blows and the throttles get punched everyone is at full throttle for some time weather there boat tops at 30 50 60 70 or 90.

Mine is in the 40 ish range, but many more are in the 60 - 70 range.