At Last !...It Happened !!!

Beans

I got to christen my new carp rod and reel today... :thumbsup_anim:

After another miss this morning I finally managed to land one...(Carp 5 lost...Beans 1 landed) The guys, Photoz, Rodpody and British Steve said I couldn't leave until I landed one :lol:

The proof

Some of the action:

Bye Bye Mr. Carp...

Includung my single entry, there were about twenty carp caught between the four of us with British Steve putting on a clinic and catching about half of them...too bad Crappieperchunter couldn't join us or there would have been more I'm sure...

Sorry I didn't get your picture Photoz just to show the folks how good you are looking after your operation...any better and you may as well cancel your OHIP...Well maybe not that but what a difference a week made... :D

You HAD to wait till I left . . . . I didn't even get to see your big moment! Even though I got kinda tired kinda quick, it STILL was a great day. I arrived just after 06:00, just in time to see Brit Steve fling his baitball halfway across the lake. Before I even got set up, his alarm started to scream . . . .

med_gallery_77_129_87469.jpg

This one certainly had eaten his wheaties, as he peeled another 100' of line out in a hurry!! But, slow but sure, in he came!

med_gallery_77_129_127992.jpg

Unhook him . . . . barbless comes out easy . . . .

med_gallery_77_129_10052.jpg

Of course ya gotta show 'im off, eh?

med_gallery_77_129_46603.jpg

And good-bye Mr. Carp, it's been nice meetin' ya . . . . .

med_gallery_77_129_123362.jpg

Rodpoddy arrived just as Brit Steve was landing #3, and Beansie shortly after. I was just whacking some weeds to make room for another body when I heard an alarm screamin,' . . . oooooops . . . it was mine! Not used to this. I landed one, 13 - 14 pounds, then Rodpody got several, and the Brit was steadily haulin' 'em in. We finally told Beansie that he couldn't leave until that new riggin' was 'christened . . . . it STILL wasn't when I left shortly after noon . . . . I guess the carp musta just waited until I left? T'was a SUPER day . . . . good friends, fish stories . . . and the fish pretty well left Beansie & I alone so we could yak!! Hope to do it again next weekend!!

Great report Photoz...I'll have to e-mail our British friend to tell him to look at this thread...

Mine hit about 01:45 pm after I made up my mind I was leaving at 02:00 pm...

Of course I had to hang around a bit longer (02:30 pm)... :Gonefishing: