SIMCOE SMALLIE REPORT

snagmaster

hey guys , got a call wed evening from johny bass . He was on simcoe and siad he found the smallies and for me to come down. He was on fire catching 20 smallies in 2.5 hours and atleast 10 were over 4lbs...so needless to say i was up there as soon as possible the following afternoon...This day was a scorcher at 44 with the humidity and almost no wind. we started fishing at around 130 pm . we could see huge smallies averywhere but they wouldnt take our lures . Johny assured me that they would turn on . And they did. Johny got the first fish at 3 oclock.

a nice 3.5lber

IMG_0751-1.jpg

and two casts later a nice 4.6er

IMG_0752-1.jpg

two casts later..lol.4lber

IMG_0753-1.jpg

three quick fish....i needed one bad....lol...5 min later got this nice 4.1

IMG_0755-1.jpg

then it was johnys turn AGAIN...LOL

IMG_0758.jpg

CANT PEACE TOGETHER THE ORDER AFTER THAT...LOL

me with another nice 4lber

IMG_0763-1.jpg

and another just under 4

IMG_0765-1.jpg

...JOhny had a couple more 4lbers and then the wind picked up and made it hard to work our baits the way the fish wanted them....a storm was coming in . we saw a fish under the boat ...johny jokingly started agresivly working his jig under the boat and another fish slamed it.....he got his 5lber ...right on the dot

IMG_0767-1.jpg

soon after that the storm pushed us off the lake......in total we landed 12 or 13 bass in about 3.5 hours. johny got 8 or 9 and i got 4 ....hahaha you got me this time mr. bass .... I had the hot stck at Quinte and you had it at simcoe....lol....it was a great day on the water and thanks again Johny for taking me out......

Edited by snagmasteral

Wow. Those bass look huge, well they would they're so close to the camera!! :P

No seriously those are some impressive fish. I can only dream about fish that size given my recent luck. The ones I catch are probably the ones those guys are eating! LOL

If you don't mind me asking what bait/lures were you using and what depth were the fish in?

Thanks for the report.

Cheers

Guest Johnny Bass

Thanks for posting the pics Alex!

I have to give Alex some credit for these beauties! I have learned quite a bit from only a few days of fishing with Alex!

WOW-congrats on a great day. Late afternoon too, I've had some luck on Simcoe at nightfall but that has me putting boat in garage at 11pm :sleeping_02:

Can you share what you guys were using-mentioned jig for the hawg under the boat? Looking at pics all I notice is the blue Doritos bag :rolleyes:

Guest Johnny Bass
WOW-congrats on a great day. Late afternoon too, I've had some luck on Simcoe at nightfall but that has me putting boat in garage at 11pm :sleeping_02:

Can you share what you guys were using-mentioned jig for the hawg under the boat? Looking at pics all I notice is the blue Doritos bag :rolleyes:

PM sent Zamboni! Good Luck!

I caught twice as much hogs the day before but no camera!!!!

And when I caught the last fish I seen the hugest school of smallies I have ever seen in one spot. Although many were dinks! I didn't want to catch anymore because I wanted to wait for Alex. Plus I had to go back to camp and take the family out to dinner!

Edited by Johnny Bass

WOW !!!!!!!! thats an amazing catch guys. :clapping::clapping: ...man you guys went ballistic on those simcoe hogs thats for sure,man why arent you guys fishing one of those bassmania tournaments with catches like that :w00t: ,well thats the best bass report i have seen yet this year well done guys....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Guest Johnny Bass

Thanks fishindevil!

I dont know if I can always produce like that but 10+ 4 lbers on 2.5 hours on day 1 and 9, 4+lb smallies and a 5lber between the two of us on day 2! But I need calm water to work this pattern. Atleast that is what I am confident with for now. I still have a lot to learn on Simcoe if I wanna do Tournaments.

But I have been thinking about opening up my own bass guide service.

mcChicken combo(+gas) for half day and McChicken combo with supersized fries and apple pie(+gas) for full day.lol

Edited by Johnny Bass

But I have been thinking about opening up my own bass guide service.

mcChicken combo(+gas) for half day and McChicken combo with supersized fries and apple pie(+gas) for full day.lol

I've found the Quarter Pounder w/cheese combo provides me enough gas for a week of fishing!

Wow, you guys know the Lake! Sweet Catch.

F.Y.I.

Just wanted to mention another new fishing board you might like to check out! Im sure they could learn a thing or two from you guys!!

http://www.gofishont.com/

This board concentrates on Lake Simcoe, but does have info on other fine fishing locals.

It is fairly new to the scene, (actually a spin off from another old board) and "Mike S" the Admin has put a lot of work into this project. Quite a nice set up.

Great bunch of members already on board who are more than helpful with "general locals", fishing tips and how to's. Same caliber of members as this board..really nice people, no real attitudes and a people with a touch of Class. : :thumbsup_anim:

Drop in, introduce yourself and have fun.

Make sure to say Hi to the Mods, they like that too!

Regards;

Disspatcher

Edited by Disspatcher