My band...playing live...Def NOT fishing....

ccmtcanada

Sorry for the non fishing post, but I thought I'd share a video of my band playing "I Wanna Be Sedated" by the Ramones, live in the Parry Sound area in the great outdoors. I did fish on this trip...does that count?? LOL. The wind blew our set list away...good thing our bassist was able to save it by stepping on it at the very end of the song. It's not played perfectly, but hey, we're playing live under the influence of alcohol...LOL. Hope you enjoy.

<BR><BR>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-30AmzZzjrk"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-30AmzZzjrk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-30AmzZzjrk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<BR><BR>

Do you need a band next year for Lakair??? LOL. By the way...I'm the blurry guy singing...haha.

Edited by ccmtcanada

Any Ramones fans?? Only the biggest one right here. Got their modified presidential seal tattooed on me many years ago. Used to go to their concerts every summer and even follow them around a bit from show to show in southern ontario. Scored a whole bunch of guitar picks from them, and even a vicks coughdrop from joey! His death was a kick in the chops...and then DeeDee's...and then Johnny's...time has not treated da brutha's well! Nonetheless, before I sink into a depression...nice job on I wanna be sedated...but when played live it should be 3 times faster and sound a bit like a locomotive! Follow that up with a "one two free fo" and shoot right into the next song. What the world needs is a Ramones tribute band for us who still crave that punk rock wall of sound...on the other hand, those Parry Sound locals would have had no clue what they were listening to! Good job broadening their horizons!

Any Ramones fans?? Only the biggest one right here. Got their modified presidential seal tattooed on me many years ago. Used to go to their concerts every summer and even follow them around a bit from show to show in southern ontario. Scored a whole bunch of guitar picks from them, and even a vicks coughdrop from joey! His death was a kick in the chops...and then DeeDee's...and then Johnny's...time has not treated da brutha's well! Nonetheless, before I sink into a depression...nice job on I wanna be sedated...but when played live it should be 3 times faster and sound a bit like a locomotive! Follow that up with a "one two free fo" and shoot right into the next song. What the world needs is a Ramones tribute band for us who still crave that punk rock wall of sound...on the other hand, those Parry Sound locals would have had no clue what they were listening to! Good job broadening their horizons!

It takes a special talent to say one two free fo really fast and then play the song at a slower tempo....LOL. We listened to their studio version and bunch of live versions and decided on a pace that's in the middle of it all. Thanks for the comment...all I know is it's a fun tune to play.

Yep, definetely a Ramones fan going way back. Saw them at the Concert Hall in Toronto. I remember it well. A girl in a very well rounded bright orange halter top sat on my ahummm..... lap and whispered sweet nothings in my ear :whistling: ........ oh yeah .............. the Ramones were great. Thanks for the memory ... almost forgot that .... or at least I hadn't remembered it in a while.

I also saw them at the Masonic Temple (Concert Hall) in probably 79 or 80. When music (the Ramones kind) was about energy and attitude. Every song starts with 1-2-3-4. Remember thinking the floor might collapse into the basement because the pogoing.

GABBA, GABBA, WE ACCEPT YOU, WE ACCEPT YOU

Seen the with Iggy POP in Montreal late 70s, dont remember much though. Great Great Band

Gabba,gabba,hey. Saw Iggy a couple times too. At one of the "Police Picnics"(I think the first one at the Grove?) and later at RPMs in Toronto. That guy is unbelievable. Talk about energy. Hey Cliff maybe your band can do Pumping For Jill, Bored or Lust For Life. Keep posting the tunes! :clapping:

Nice,

Im a fellow musician as well.

Ive played Guitar for almost 20years, play keys, and the Sitar for the past 5 years or so

(Ravi Shankar Rules!) plus a bunch of hand drums.

Maybe we should organize a Fish'n'Jam !!!

In order to get on stage and play, you have to catch a fish first... each fish you catch gets you 1 song play time on stage! hahahahaha

:whistling: