Mini report

danc

Without too much planning, I can take off in a moments notice and launch on a large Lake Superior Tributary just minutes from my house. From there I can head to the big lake or stay in the river and fish for Walleye, Pike, Perch, Bass and most other warm water species. This morning Sis and I did just that. We fished the main river for an hour or so until dark clouds moved in. The fishing sucked. We caught one small Walleye and a tiny Bass.

kam1.jpg

I always admire the work that this guy put in to this project. I pass by it every time I'm on the river. This boat is no more than 14 feet long.

kam3.jpg

Abby came along for a ride today as well. And she got to try out her brand new fishing hat. She wasn't too fond of it at first, but seemed to get used to it.

kam2.jpg

I stopped at a marshy area and took a walk with my camera. You never know what you'll find in a marsh. This is what I found today.

mm1.jpg

mm2.jpg

mm4.jpg

We got off the river just before it started to rain. When I see this sight, I know I'm almost home.

kam4.jpg

I hope everyone is enjoying their day. I know I am.

oh and the dog asked me to say please don't make her wear that hat any more

LOL... with views like that... it would be hard to fish...

Nice pictures, you do live in paradise as far as I'm concerned!

I swear that style of boat is unique to Superior. Years ago I fished with a guy regularly at the mouth of the Michipicoten who had an identical boat...Only thing though, when the lake kicked up it was a floating death trap. So top heavy and unstable in big water with the structure up front. One time we got caught too far from the harbour and a storm came out of nowhere. Never been that frightened on the water before or since...